Chapter 32: New Neighbours

SEOYEON'S POV

I looked around my almost empty room and faced the bleak atmosphere. Aren't people supposed to feel sad when they leave a place that belongs to them?

I had to chuck everything out and according to my mum, the less the better. But I still had a lot...

This room was mine. I won't be using it anymore. I guess the remaining furniture would show the ending of my days here.

But they could welcome the beginning for someone else...

I didn't feel like I couldn't let go. I felt a sense of strangeness and it was almost abrupt. I felt like asking myself whether I had a place to settle or do I have to always keep moving on?

I just came to Seoul less than a year ago and now I have to move, whether I had gotten into YG or not.

Giving this room one last look, I shut the door and did the same with the study in the next room.

I'm going.

______________________________________________________________________________

"Seoyeonah."

"Huh?" I breathed out as I watched my mum focus on the road ahead of us.

"Are you hating omma for this?"

I looked at her creasing her forehead almost in confusion. "Ani," I sighed.

"Mianhe, Seoyeonah. The timing was really wrong."

"Oh," I managed and closed my eyes. "But it's okay."

"Omma knows how you feel. Everyone's life is different. We don't know what other people are going through. Their life could be better or their life could be worse off."

"I know," I said and nodded my head.

"But we just have to face what God gives us. We can't choose it. There must be a reason why someone's life is so hard."

"But we have to know the reason, right?" I asked as I fidgeted with the envelope in my hand.

"You have to find the answer," my mum sighed. "How long that takes and where you seek is dependent on you."

I bit my lip and stayed silent. Could my parents divorcing mean that I have to work twice as hard? Could it mean that I will get twice the results?

I mentally shook my head. It's not as easy as you think. What you say must be done. Sometimes words don't count. Sometimes it's the actions that matter.

"Seoyeonah, you being on this path is..."

My ears twitched as my eager beat me. What will my mum say?

"Omma doesn't like it," she sighed out. "Are you seriously going on the route to being a celebrity?"

"Omma, it's not just the materialistic thoughts of red carpet events, dazzling lives and the paparazzi. It's music that I really like. The arts allow me to express things well."

"Seoyeonah, I told you how hard it is."

"I know it's hard. But I got in. Why can't I take this opportunity? Getting into YG as a trainee isn't the end."

My mum shook her head. "I don't know."

The rest of the drive was pretty much silent. I closed my eyes as I rummaged through my thoughts and worries, my brain feeding my mind endless questions and assumptions.

I know not to slack off. YG doesn't push like SM and everyone knows that. I have to be resilient. I have to be independent and show the results from my hard work. They'll know who has been working.