Chapter 54: Keep It Something Secret (pt. 2)

JUNGKOOK'S POV

Her touch escaped from my fingers. She stared at me, eyes wide. I wasn't sure of what she felt at that instance and I didn't know what I was thinking either.

After hesitating more than a thousand times, I finally did it.

Seoyeon held onto the jacket, gripping it tightly. I turned away, biting the insides of my cheek.

For the first time, I felt angry at the sight of her. I finally confessed and I only intend to do it once. I don't like the idea of forcing someone to reciprocate feelings, but at least give me some response.

She must've been shocked and I was too.

I didn't know what to do but just stare at her helplessly. I'm losing it. I've never felt this way for anyone and here I am, feeling like I might be regretting it.

Seoyeon stared back, a tear rolled down her cheek. They were my tears and silence followed. The faint sound of a bus halting seemed to speed time.

She hugged me but it was too quick.

I watched her walk away from me, unsure if I could interpret that hug as either hope or a sign to stop what I barely started.

Seoyeon turned around as the bus' headlights shone in front of her, blackening her expression. I couldn't see and before I knew it, she headed on with Hayoung.

I was blinded, I couldn't see anything. Not her expression. Not even my emotions.

Kwon Jiyong. That was what I saw. That was who I saw.

Turning around, I entered the foyer of the apartment with his face buried in my mind.

______________________________________________________________________________

SEOYEON'S POV

I sat in my seat with Hayoung poking me. I barely noticed anything around me. My body was numb. My mind was numb.

I am such a stupid girl.

I had been telling myself that I liked him. I had been telling myself that there was no way Jungkook could like me at all. Things still seemed unclear for me, but did it all change?

"Do people kiss because they're best friends?" I asked in a daze.

"What the actual hell are you talking about?" Hayoung screeched and slapped me on the back. "It's a gesture of either flirtation or love."

"Oh..." I know, I'm not in my right mind at the moment. I'm internally happy but not at the same time.

I just hurt Jungkook. I didn't respond and he probably regretted it. I wanted to tell him...before it's too late.

There's a reason why I couldn't, but I'm telling myself that I can't think like that. I'm not even sure of that reason.

"We're here," Hayoung said and tapped off with a sigh.

I followed her. All of a sudden, I felt as if too many events were unfolding at the same time.

The bus left us and I walked through the YG car park, just realising that Hayoung had disappeared. I didn't know what I was doing so I made my way towards the small entrance door.

Being disorganised for like the first time, I don't even think I brought my card of authentication... I'm seriously losing myself these days.

"I did not tell you to come here for extra vocal classes."

I turned around and Jiyong sunbae stared at me with his hands in his pockets. He changed his hair again. I bowed.

"I think you knew that as well," he continued, staring at my outfit from head to toe.