Chapter 39: Missed Me? (pt. 3)

AUTHOR'S POV

"When was it planned like this?"

The editing team was silenced with the confusion they received from their boss. They kept their mouths shut and looked away, but their inner turmoil left hands trembling.

They just did what they were told to do. The styling had nothing to do with them.

"She planned it like this." Jiyong pointed at the screen, gesturing to the image displayed. YG's new trainee. The one that worked hard yet she felt like she hadn't been working hard enough.

"I entrusted you with NONA9ON's new seasonal line and got Chaerin's stylist to look after it." The boss shook his head, wearing a comical smile, almost sarcastic.

"Give us a moment." Jiyong pulled out a chair and sat down while a shuffle of feet and murmurs enveloped the exit door.

"Are you taking risks again?"

Jiyong stared at his boss, that melancholy expression masked on his face. "I see potential in her."

"I see that too. But you don't take it this far, without my consent or the permission of NONA9ON's supervisors."

"Admit it's good," Jiyong said and clicked through the first few images. He watched his boss furrow his eyebrows, focusing hard.

The originally planned outfits were printed on a sheet of paper. Right now, they were neglected. All eyes stared at the girl on the screen.

In reality, she seemed like a vulnerable person. Innocent, quiet and rather introverted. But she covers that when she needs to. The flaring poses and ignorant expressions are exactly what YG wanted.

Exactly what they have been searching for.

"It's good. It's good," YG repeated and Jiyong smirked at his boss.

"How's your collaboration with Giuseppe Zanotti?"

"The shoe line will be released later this year." Jiyong rubbed his temples and left behind a guilty expression only he could tell.

The shoes collaboration...they were inspired by someone else. He stared back at the computer screen.

Everything these days made him think twice. Why was the contrary showing up?

Why are his feelings being reversed? Why are they seemingly playing tricks on him?

______________________________________________________________________________

JUNGKOOK'S POV

"English speaking time!"

I turned around and watched Hoseok jump around with the rest mucking about while we walked in the city. Bustling and busy, it's just like any other day in Seoul.

I've never been to Sydney but all I can say is...the air! I sniffed it like some odourless addictive drug.

"How are you? Can I have?" Taehyung asked as Namjoon shook his head while laughing. "Ya! We speaking English here only, okay?"

Are we really getting more popular these days? We're just wearing simple casual clothing and a lot of people turned their heads back twice.

Our manager isn't even with us so how comes people don't see us as a bunch of normal teenagers hanging about? It's not like I don't like the attention or anything...

"It's a pity we don't get a lot of time to hang about here," Jimin sighed as he pushed up his sunglasses.

I nodded and dug my hands deeper into my hoodie's pockets. We've just arrived midday and our Sydney concert is tomorrow. Right now, it's late noon.