Chapter 46: Happy Birthday (pt. 1)

SEOYEON'S POV

*buzz, buzz*

I groaned and flipped over onto my side. I'm telling you dear phone, it's still dark.

*buzz, buzz*

I groaned again and immediately sat up before grabbing my phone. The screen blinked at me and I tried to widen my eyes. Right. I have a mission today, it's Hayoung's birthday. But it's still too early!

6:02am

I climbed out of bed and looked at myself in the mirror. Oh well, it's not like I'm going to some red carpet event. Creeping out silently, I stealthily tiptoed to the door and jerked it open without breathing.

I closed it, the keys jingling in my pocket and banged loudly next door. I'm not sure if I'm doing this for Hayoung or to help Jimin 'for' Hayoung... I shut my eyes and leaned against the door. So chilly...so tired...

I still have training today but usually, I get up half an hour later. Even a few minutes of sleep is so precious. Sleeping is a luxury for trainees. Too much makes me guilty but too less...I have no energy.

"Ya!!!!" I screamed automatically as the door opened suddenly and guess where I ended up. Smack bam bang boom on the ground. No, on a pile of shoes.

"Rise and shine!"

I opened my eyes, now fully awake and looked up to see Jimin peering down at me.

"Do you ever look through the peephole?" I asked as I stood up, patting the dust off my Hello Kitty pyjamas.

"Your head was covering it," Jimin said and shut the door before raising a finger to his lips. "You might wake her!"

I rolled my eyes and wandered off into the kitchen. "She's next door, in her room, the door is shut and she's under the covers."

"How do I make seaweed soup?" Jimin asked as he quickly opened the cupboard and made a huge noise by taking out a pot.

"You put the water on boil first," I said with a sarcastic elementary school teacher voice. "Is everyone asleep?"

"What do you think? Can you get me the apron?"

"Where is it?" I asked with a yawn. No way am I going to find anything in this dorm. There is literally everything everywhere.

Someone's sock was on the coffee table...

"It's in Namjoon's room," Jimin said.

"Why don't you get it?" I asked and walked straight into the kitchen, grabbing a packet of raw seaweed.

"No!" Jimin defended. "I have to start this soup."

I laughed to myself. Jimin has gotten himself into so much trouble for Hayoung's birthday. I think I'll let him take care of it. I'll just tease Hayoung about it later.

"Okay okay," I repeated and walked towards the corridor. It wasn't this one because I remembered last time I rushed in straight and it wasn't Rapmon's room.

It's either that one or that one... One of them wasn't closed so I gently pushed open the door. I peered inside but couldn't see anything since it was still dark.

Flipping on the lights, I marched towards the bunk bed in the corner of the room. Dear God, let me have sharp eyes...

This tiny bunk bed crammed in the corner... Clothes hung off the railings and the poor bed looked like it will collapse any minute.

I eyed the sleeping figure on the top. Brown hair... I need to find the apron... I searched the clothes hanging off the side and gently tugged on a pink plastic material with flowers on it.