Chapter 58: Trying To

SEOYEON'S POV

Look at me...

His words rang clearly in my head. For once, something else stirred in me. It wasn't a feeling of confusion, but a feeling of confirmation. It was strange, but I was sure about how I felt at that moment.

I raised my head up and Jiyong fixed his stare at me. He looked so lost, but I just felt so sorry, so guilty.

"Excuse me." Kiko mumbled her words then with a quick pat on my back, she fled the scene.

Jiyong didn't move as I gazed after her. His grip was still firm around my wrist and I didn't know how to get him to loosen it.

Instinctively, I gently pushed his hand away. I really don't mean to hurt him, but I need to try and tell him earlier. Gradually... For me to stay quiet for too long, that's just cruel, isn't it?

As I did so, he whipped my arm up and all I was conscious of was the number of people in the area. Isn't anyone going to see this?

He leaned in again and I knew why. Does he want me to know that he has completely moved on? I kind of know it already, but I really can't...

I turned my head to the side as I felt his heavy breathing against my cheek.

"Seoyeon."

"Chaeseonghamida," I replied immediately.

I knew I sacrificed a lot to say that, but it's the truth. He looked at me, the party lights dancing across his solemn expression. This moment right now, even the pounding music was muted for me. I couldn't hear anything but my heartbeat.

I bowed one last time as he eventually let go of me.

For me, the dark vicinity didn't contain a single sense of excitement, but rather the shadow of my mind and what I was conscious of. I know what I want, it's just that I couldn't express it properly. Hopefully time will solve everything.

Polite waiters were waiting around side tables with silver plates of champagne glasses. I declined when they smiled at me, obviously beckoning me for a drink.

I walked around aimlessly, wondering where Kiko went. Should I go find her? What do I say? What will she think of me now?

*buzz, buzz*

-------
1 New Message
Park Hayoung
YA!!!!!!! JUNGAH IS THERE TOO? Y U DIDN'T TELL ME SHE WAS WITH JOOHYUKAH?
-------

I shut my phone, temporarily ignoring her text. I can't even piece my life together, let alone get involved with her love triangle, square, pentagon, dodecagon, whatever it is.

A figure walked towards me with two glasses in hand.

I bowed when Kiko offered me a glass and she returned with a faint smile, almost as if nothing had happened.

"There's no need to apologise," she said as I opened my mouth to say something. She obviously didn't want to talk about it and so I let it slip.

It was kind of clear. Like what people say, you won't know unless you've witnessed it with your own eyes. I guess this was the same case as well.

"We've been good friends for a long time... I would know why he's like that. The only thing is if you're the same?"

I looked at Kiko. Her words aren't very explicit, but I knew the exact meaning behind each phrase.

"I was confused at first," I admitted. "But after time, I realised. He is... But I don't think I'm the same... There's still guilt in me."

She nodded and took a sip. "What year are you?"