Nice Side

" Wale , how long you gonna be here ?" I asked as I ate my ice cream on the couch. Wale has been keeping watch of me for 4 weeks. He haven't put his hands on me. He actually talks to me and gets to know me. I tried to escape and runaway but I couldn't even get far. He's too fast and controlling.

" Never . When he comes back , I'm leaving and your coming " He said and I turned my head. He looked at me.

" Listen , I heard you talking to Porcha. You don't need to be around that right now. I know you got money in your bank account , don't ask how I know. But you coming with me " He said and I shook my head.

" Wale .. I can't all that shit you did to me. " I said and he bit his lip.

" I'm sorry " He said as he looked at me and back to the tv.

I heard the door unlock and my mom trolled up in here. She looked at me and then back at Wale.

" Excuse me ? Who is this ?" Nancy said .

" The father of my child " I spoke as i sat the bowl on the table.

" And a rapist. Get him out of here and that child out of your belly. I set you up with the richest man in California. I dare you to disrespect me " She said and tears fell out my eyes.

"John will be home in a couple minutes. Wait , until he sees you in here with that man. It's all going to be over. Get him out " My mom yelled and Wale stood up.

" Go get your stuff. " Wale said and I got up . I walked into the room and grabbed my bag. I packed all my things in there crying up a storm. I been with this man for 3 years and he has another wife. He maybe got some kids too. I cut off all ties with my family except my mother for this husband. Rika , my older sister. This shit is horrible. I'm looking a hot ass mess right now . I feel like a hot ass mess.

I walked back downstairs as I watched Wale argue with my mother.

" We having a child . Oh fucking well. The fuck you think you is ? Beyonce?" Wale said as my mother started clapping her hands.

" What the hell ?" John said as he walked through the door.

" Wale ?" John said as Wale grabbed me.

" Come on , Riva " Wale said as he grabbed my hand leading me out the door of my house.

PRESENT DAY.

4 Years Later

I looked at my face. My hair was threw to the side. Wale and I just got into a fight. He said he would never hit me. He said that four years ago. He said that when Riley came out my stomach. It was all my fucking fault. I should've listened. I should've never talked on the phone with John , that's why our house was in flames last night.

" Mommy . Are you okay ?" She asked and I nodded.

" Yes , I am. I'm just thinking right now. How was school ?" I asked and her face lit up.

" It was fun. We going onna feild trip tomorrow" Riley said and I smiled.

"Riley , go to the arcade with your brother. Let me talk to your mother " Wale said as he gave her five dollars and she ran out the hotel room.

"Wale , I don't want to talk right now." I said as I leaned on the table.

" I'm sorry . I really am. I snapped and I know I shouldn't have. I was just really mad. You talked over the phone with him and told him our address. Now look where we at. I understand , yeen know. But I'm sorry. " Wale said walking up to me as he kissed me on my cheek.

I really can't give up now. I been through alot of shit with Wale. He actually is a nice dude. Emerald still hasn't woke up yet and everyday I try not to throw that in his face. He helped me get over John and he helped me when I was pregnant. I helped him with his son. He's nine years old. He helped me get back good with my sister and talk to my mother.

" Baby , can we please go visit Emerald ?" I said and he nodded.

" Let's go. " He said and I grabbed my purse. We left put the room after locking the door. We got the kids and left to the car. We drove to the hospital and we signed in. We went up to Emerald's room and slowly came in.

I sat on the side of her and I sighed as I watched her. The beeping monitor was stuck in my head. Riley played with her hair as she watched my bestfriend lie in the bed .

" Mommy , when is auntie going to wake up ?" Riley said and Wale just shook his head.

" Mommy , why is she sleeping for that long ?" King said as he watched her.

I got up and Riley sat on the chair next to me. I walked to her and kissed her head. I looked at her mouth. I scrunched my eyebrows together.

Where the fuck is the tube ? I put my finger on her mouth and Emerald jumped up. I screamed and fell straight on my butt.

" Auntie Emerald " Riley and King said as they rushed over to Emerald.

" What the hell ?" Emerald said as she looked at me.

" Hey Eme!!" I screamed as I came up and kissed her all over her face.

" Hey Boo . I missed your crazy self. So I heard I been sleep for fucking 4 years and It looks like you and John got two kids up here. Hey Y'all" Emerald said.

I chuckled. " Actually , Wale and I have two kids. I got married when I had Riley. "

" Who is Wale ?" She said and then she turned around.

" Do not tell me . You married the motherfucker who threw me into the wall " Emerald said as she clapped hee hands together.

" Sorry . I got pregnant and basically he was there through the bullshit. Haha jokes on me. John had a wife , gave me a fake ring to so it wouldnt track on his card " I said and Emerald nodded.

" Sorry , I wasn't taking my medicine back then " Wale said and Emerald rolled her eyes.

" I wanna say sorry too If I put you in a coma for three damn years " Emerald said .

" Can we go to the cafeteria mommy ? It's world war three in here" King said as he looked around.