John

Riva Pov

I knocked on Peru's door. I had to apologize. I stepped out of line for no reason. Jealousy is an ugly ass color on me. I sighed as he didn't pick up. His car is here and so is his television.

Something isn't right. I stepped inside and looked around. It was blood all over the place. I rushed to the bedrooms and it was trails of blood. I screamed as I ran to the bathroom and blood was in the tub.

I ran to the kitchen and I almost died. Peru was surrounded by a pool of blood. I screamed in fear as I began to drop down on my knees. I crawled to him and I checked his pulse. His breathing was scraggly but a bit normal. I picked up his head and I dialed 911.

-

I cried as I sat in the hospital waiting room. My leg was shaking and a lady ran down here with brown hair. The doctors told me if I haven't found him in time , he would've died from loss of blood. The women began to talk to the doctor and then he pointed at me. The women ran over to me and hugged me. She kissed my cheek.

" You saved my baby. Thank you so much !" She said as she rocked me.

" Your welcome. " I said as I looked away.

" You've been crying ? My son must be your boyfriend. Here , your eyes are bloodshot red " she said as she cleaned up my eyes. I see where Peru gets his nice manner from.

" I'm Debra. " She said.

" I'm Riva and you guessed it " I said and she smiled.

" So how long have yall been together ? I want grandchildren especially with a pretty girl like you. " She said. She hugged me and I heard sniffing sounds. What the hell is wrong with his mother?

" I'm going to get one soon. I smell sex on you. I don't smell a condom either " She said and I looked away with a smile . I need help immediately. His mother is crazy.

" Your a very sweet lady. I see where Peru gets his looks from?" I said and she nodded. I looked at her eyes. Eyes too.

" Well , Peru is just fine. He is getting sent home today. We patched him up and all he needs is someone to care for him " The doctor said as he gave me this form to sign.

" Can you please do it daughter-in-law? I have a flight back to Californa and it's very important. I know it may seem like im putting work first but my whole life I been taking care of Peru like he was a baby. He needs to be a man " She said and I nodded.

" I gotchu mom " I said.

-

Next Day

" Baby , take it slow " I said as he tried to get up to use the bathroom. He was on crutches . I frowned. I didn't like seeing him like this. He was so grumpy to me earlier.

A knock fell on my door and I went to get it. Wale's mom rushed upstairs and put the kids in the bed. She was so fast , I could barely see her. She came back down and kissed my cheek.

" Every weekend plus some days sometimes ?" Kathy said in her funny state.

" Yes , they love you. I love you. Have a safe trip back" I said and I closed the door.

I saw Peru looking at the tv. He got back pretty fast. I bet he damn near done killed himself trying to get back though.

" Baby?" He said and I turned around.

" Make me something to eat " He said and I sighed. I walked to the kitchen and I began to throw on my hamburgers. I began to cook them as I sliced up onions and such things. I put the seasoning in and put the cheese on top. Once they were done , I put them on some burger buns.

" Thank you girl " He said as he kissed my cheek. I laid on the couch as I sat my head on his lap.

" So who's John?" He asked and I looked up.

" My first husband. " I answered.

" That was the nigga who whipped my ass with his homies " He said. " He killed Wale too ".

" I can't control that. He was a sweet man but I knew there was something wrong about him " I said.

He shook his head.

Emerald Pov

" You got the money ?" She asked as the hood was over her head. I handed her the money. Champagne was looking horrible. Her lips was busted and her skin was scratched up.

" You need help " I said and she shook her head.

" I don't have any more needles. " I said and she smacked her teeth.

" I heard about Wale. The funeral was beautiful , I took a bus and I watched out the window the whole time. I saw my baby. She looks just like her daddy and me. "She said.

" But , I know who killed Wale. His name is John. He owns the whore house on Bulletin. " She whispered.

She opened her mouth then a pretty darkskinned girl came and grabbed her arm.

" You must want to get killed ? We tell no one " She said and I scuffed. She looked worser then Champagne.

" Bye " Champagne said as her and the little prostitute ran down the street wearing open toe heels.

I sighed and turned around. Dud grabbed me and stared at me with suspense.

" I told your ass not to come down here" He said as he snatched me up and began to walk.

" She needs help " I said and he stopped.

" Alot of people in this world want help. But you can't help them all. She doing what she does best. She dont want no help " He said and I snatched away from. I began to walk in front of him gritting my teeth.

" I just don't want to get you caught up " He said and I ignored him.

" I found her just like the way she is now" He went on. I walked faster every step I took.

" So we playing this game now?" He questioned and I kept walking.

Riva Pov

I woke up in the bed naked cuddled over with Peru. I rubbed my eyes as I woke up and sniffled. I got out the bed and looked at the clock. It was midnight. I put on my robe and walked around the house. I checked on the kids and closed the door.

I went downstairs and I turned around. It was John. I gasped and ran to the kitchen. I pulled out a knife. He came to the kitchen in chuckles. I didn't find anything funny.

" You ready to come home?" He asked.

" Go to hell " I said coldly.

" Im already there " He said. He placed an arm around my wrist. I put the knife to his throat and he put his hands up.

" Don't do it mommy " King said as he sat there and watched me.

" Looks like you got busy " He stated. I rolled my eyes. He stuck it closer to the point if I sneezed , he would be a goner.

" King go upstairs and check on your sister" I said and he shook his head no.

" King stop being hard head and go check on your sister , NOW !" I yelled and he ran to the back. I saw Peru walk up , limping slowly. He grabbed my arm.

" Put it down baby " He said and I shook my head.

" Put it down " He said and I shook it again.

" No , cause he killed my children's father. He almost killed you. He burned down my house. He put my kids in danger " I said and Peru just got silent.

I grabbed the knife and punctured it deep in his throat. Blood splattered everywhere as if his throat was pissing blood. I closed my eyes and wiped blood off my face.

I dialed Dud's number.

" Hey , I need a favor ?" I stated.