10. The Complete Tale of Ly-cks

A/N: Mucho sorry for the long break and mucho thanks for sticking around. Exams are finally OVER and new updates will be rapid fast. We meet Summer in the next chapter. On that note, please give a warm welcome to your new Nicholas, Mr. Alex Prange. Photo in media. Vote, comment and share. <3 <3 <3 JPC.

"Oh come on, you couldn't possibly be making it any more obvious than it already is. You cannot even say it with a straight-face. Look at that, what expression is that?"

Adam looked away.

Nick had successfully evaded the Lyanna topic for a while. It was his turn to skewer Adam for some extra personal details.

"You did, didn't you?"

Adam hesitated. "Ok fine. But she wasn't..."

Nick's expression transformed. It was now a bizarre combination of marvel and absolute horror.

"For the love of God, don't tell me you broke up with Carol just because..."

"SHE IS NOT MY KATYA. OKAY??? She just...isn't the Senator's Soft Kat. She isn't the bodacious Russian red-head who could do marvellous things with her...gah...just forget it Winter. What do you know about love?" Nick just could not believe it. This was the fourth time that Adam had walked out of an honest to God relationship just because...

"She didn't match the profile of your favourite pornstar. Damn it Adam. Really, AGAIN?"

"Yes Nick. She wasn't Katya. Nobody. Can. Ever. Be. Katya."

"Maybe there is your answer, don't you think? For Pete's sake we watched that porno when we were in high school. And you have watched and re-watched it how many times? A million?"

"219 times. And a half. That one time Rodney came barging into my office. I didn't want that sick bastard to lay his mangy eyes on my dear, innocent Katya. I had to shut it off." Adam looked genuinely upset.

"Look man, for a guy who is almost touching 30, aren't you being a little too, uh...pricey?"

Adam caught the charade and raised an eyebrow skyward, "Oh and how cleverly have we brought this on my poor Katya when we were talking about you, Nicks." Adam spat the last part. "You haven't told me the Complete tale of...Ly-cks yet." The jet was landing on Sea-Tac.

"What?"

"You know, Lyanna + Nicks = LY-CKS."

"What are you? A teenage girl giving ship names?"

"Business pun intended. Ah, so you know about the teenage trends. What else did you learn from Seventeen Magazine?"

"That magazine does not have...fine, I'll bite."

Flashback:

After receiving Jeanine's call, Nick went back to the restaurant a little irked, until he found Lyanna holding Mimi's granddaughter and Richard making absurd faces at the clueless infant. Nick just stood there looking at a plump baby chuckling and wriggling in Lyanna's arms. Mimi called out to him and broke his reverie.

"You come here again with them, yes?" She asked so hopeful that Nick nodded in agreement. For some reason he could not take his eyes off the beautiful woman besides him. Richard and Mimi noticed the gesture.

Mimi excitedly said, "You like her, yes?" She sounded too enthusiastic for an old, short and shrivelled Chinese woman. He saw the expression on Lyanna's face change.