13. 'Neigh'-sayer

A/N: Heyya! This chapter too has two parts. Part 2 will be updated soooooon. Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share.

<3 <3 JPC

"Leave me before I take away the reason of your existence." Lyanna almost screamed.

Nothing had changed. Rodney was the still same scumbag. In fact, he'd gotten worse.

"Oh yeah? And where will you keep it? Next to your heart or in your...hey stop that, beautiful!" His slurry words cooed in her ears when she dug her heel in his left foot, hoping to flee his stifling hold.

"God, Rodney. Get off me, you're making me sick." Lyanna cringed. His hold got stronger and he whispered in her ear.

"That's what you said when we were together last time."

Together? Sure that was real. As real as Santa and Unicorns. But unfortunately, Lyanna was transported back to the past.

Flashback:

"Jeanine, open the door. Please, Jeanine. I will do everything you say. Please, open this door. I can't breathe Jeanine."

A seven year old Lyanna was pounding on the closed doors of a closet. Ironically, this was happening in her own house, in her parents' closet and the culprits – Jeanine, Rodney and also Nick, were on the other side. She could hear faint giggles and footsteps disappearing into drop dead silence. Damn.

A little more flashback...

After complaining and crying to her father that she did not like to play with them, Lyanna had given up. She knew like any other Sunday, Julian and his brother Edmund Lancaster would be visiting with the Devil's incarnates – Jeanine and Rodney. Lyanna had a tough time convincing her father that she did not break the vases, trouble their staff, paint mud on her walls or set her own hair on fire! After a billion painful Sundays, God knows what new was in store for her. 

Patricia Hunters loved playing the dutiful wife and had everyone convinced that she was the perfect mother. On any other day, she would be everywhere but at home. She would barely acknowledge her only daughter's existence otherwise, but on Sundays and/or when her doting husband and other people were around, Lyanna became the centre of her universe. When they opened the door to invite the insufferable Lancaster posse, Lyanna was struck. A confident but shy boy stood with the most frozen blue eyes she had ever seen. They were more scintillating than diamonds and looked precious enough to preserve and not steal.

Nicholas. His name was Nicholas.

As always, the children were asked to fuck off so that the adults could enjoy the rest of the day in peace. Jeanine and Rodney raced to find the first thing they could destroy and blame Lyanna for. Nicholas was about to run after them when tiny fingers curled around his scrawny wrist.

"They will break something and shout at us. Since you are new, you will be shouted at along with me."

"But I don't want them to shout at me."

"Come with me, we will hide." Lyanna led him to the terrace where she knew Rodney and Jeanine wouldn't be as they were busy breaking something in her room.