34. Farewell, For Now

A/N: Bonus Chapter ahead! Love, Like, Comment and Share. Heart Heart JPC <3 <3 <3

Lyanna lost track of time. She had to meet her father in less than ten minutes. She was yet to have a shower, cook lunch for Nick, make calls to the hospital about her impromptu leave for a couple of days. There was too much to do and, unfortunately, she could not get started on even one of those tasks. Reason? Nicholas Joanne Winter was using his huge body to spoon her.

"Come on, Nick. Let me go. Please."

"Never," he sleepily whispered in her ear.

"Dad is coming in less than seven minutes," she pleaded.

"Let him."

"Well what do you want me to do then? How do I bust out of this . . . sticky sweaty prison?"

He rolled her around so she was facing him.

"I have a few ideas," he captured her lips and began pulling her closer to his chest.

"Again? We have already done it thrice. You're insatiable."

"Only for Peaches."

"I meant to ask why you named me after the baby elephant from Ice Age."

"What baby elephant?" Nick looked shocked for a second and then burst out laughing. "You're saying there is a character like that?"

"An animated film, yes," she pouted like a five-year old but he was oblivious to her frown. He was at risk of falling of the bed laughing. No matter, that could be assisted. Lyanna raised her leg and pushed him off. He dragged the comforter along with him and continued laughing saying 'baby elephant' and then doubling over again.

"Argh, I'm taking a shower," she got up in a flash and ran to the bathroom. When the door shut, Nick sobered up and walked toward it.

"Hey! May I join you, baby elephant?"

"I will kill you in your sleep, Winter!"

"Yikes! Okay okay," he chuckled and left the room after changing into a pair of shorts.

He heard a faint beep of his phone and went over to check it. As he scrolled through the contents of the mail, his warm smile melted into a stiff frown. This could not be happening to him right now. Oh wait, it was!

He waited impatiently for Lyanna to get out of the shower so he could give her the news.

The email was from the office of Mr. Yushyi Himamoto of San Moto Shipping Industries regarding the $400 billion dollar deal he and his team had bagged. The initial phase of the project had started and the Japanese mogul wanted to have a meeting in person regarding its progress and outlay. Nicholas had to leave tonight. He would be there for two weeks if the work went well but if not, who knows!? This was worse than the existence of Jeanine Lancaster.

Lyanna stepped out of the shower, glowing as always, and Nick's shoulders dropped in defeat. They had just started their relationship so to speak and he was already bailing. He walked to her and explained the mail to her. She looked curious for a split second but then her face transformed into the most encouraging smile of all. She wished him and his team good luck. He hated that. Why was she not fighting with him? Why didn't she ask him to choose her over his work? That is because she was Lyanna, he thought to himself.

Lyanna called her father and briefly explained the situation to him. He caught the drift and proceeded to Summer's home. Lyanna would join him later. She sent a quick text to Summer too and started making lunch.

Nick was grudgingly pouting and packing his bags.

"LYANNAAA! I don't want to go!" He shouted from his room.

She chuckled, "You have to! Your team has worked hard for this!"

"You come with me too then!"

She walked to his room and raised an eyebrow at him, "You're being silly."

He rolled his eyes and continued packing. She regarded him for a second.

"You know, I can ask Teddy for a leave. Plus I always wanted to see Japan."

He crossed the room in two steps and was standing smack in from of her, "Really!"

"Calm down. It will take a while, but I think I can pull it off. You go ahead."

"Oh yes! And don't worry about the tickets. As soon as you are clear, call Adam. He will arrange it! Argh! I am soooo happy!"

"Dayum where were you hiding this side before?" she mumbled loud enough just for herself and walked back to the kitchen. Nick was packing with way more enthusiasm now.

Nick dropped Lyanna off at Summer's place. He was even courteous enough to buy flowers along the way and sincerely offered it to Summer's mom who was mildly surprised by the gesture. Adam was there too wearing an I–know–what–you–did–mister smile. Nick left soon after that but not before sneaking in a few long kisses with his wife. His flight took off exactly at 19:00 hrs just as planned. The only thing? It was someone else's plan.

A/M: Love dogs, but I am a cat person! :3