15. Did I Marry the Bolt?

A/N: This is going to be a long one. Enjoy. Recently watched 'Love, Rosie' and fell TRULY, MADLY, DEEPLY IN LOVE with the story! Of course I cried buckets, is that a question? Also, purchased 'Where Rainbows End' by Cecelia Ahern. In reference to that, I would include the A/M: section here saying, "I am a sucker for childhood romance."

P.S. Re-casting Lyanna soon. Like right now. No prizes for guessing who is going to replace the lovely AshleighBrewer. Lily Collins was my original choice but I had made the pairing according to Eric Belanger, who was Nick at that time. Guess destiny finds its way huh? Love, hearts and a littlemore love from JPC. Vote, Comment and Share your love. 

Lily Collins in Media along with the movie trailer of 'Love, Rosie'. If you haven't watched it yet, well what are you waiting for? :)

Guests had retired to their lodgings as the evening came to an end; only a few lingered at the bar. Rodney was back at the venue but still seemed twitchy and itchy. His friends consoled him which only fuelled his rage.

Lyanna Collings was going to get it good today.

"Say Max, can you run to my room real quick and fetch a vial from my purple blazer."

So good.

***

Lyanna had basically scrammed from the venue after her husband had reduced her to a bunch of nerves. But she hadn't fled alone. Summer was dragged away and she was profusely apologising to a pouting Adam.

"I'll text you her number, I promise." She smiled warmly at the now embarrassed Adam.

Nick was dragged away by his business associates to the bar but not before he noticed his bride escaping the venue as if she were being chased by a monster. In this case, it was him. What was he doing? More so, why? He knew what would happen eventually. Jeanine. Fortunately, she was unable to make it to the wedding; something he had promised her he would prevent at all costs. But here he was, dressed in a tux; making promises to his enemy's daughter, watching his bride flee and his 'friends' trying to engage him in a casual conversation. Nick was lucky that they were all scared of him and sensed his disinterest riding atop his scrunched eyebrows within seconds. Adam saw the men backing off in peace and approached his hitched buddy.

"Warding off freeloaders huh?"

"You have no idea." His eyes were transfixed on the door through which Lyanna left.

"I am sure it's a girl thing." Adam smiled at his evidently frustrated friend.

He looked Adam square in the eyes and said, "Whatever man. I need a drink. One single malt on the rocks, pronto."

A glass came sliding across the bar and dramatically halted at Nick's knuckles.

"It's a neat scotch. Drink up big boy."

Looks like the itching powder wore off.

Adam and Nick looked upon a smug Rodney sitting a few seats away with his posse.

"Nick, I am not sure you should even touch that."

"Oh come on Adam, can't the best man make a drink for the Groom?"

Adam's eyes narrowed on the 'best man' comment. He was irked. Nick held the glass and Adam put his hand over it.

"Seriously Adam, if I wanted to kill my brother, I wouldn't want to do it Joffrey style."