13. (2) Kissed By Winter

"You did it, didn't you?" Lyanna sighed. It was her wedding day and guess whose dress was a 'little bit' different?

All the papers were signed the night before. Grayson Shipping and Co. and Julian's firm had officially merged with Blue Whale and Co. All there was left to do was say a few words and get two virtual strangers hitched off for no legitimate reason! At least that is what they thought.

Worried about Skater two nights ago, and then about Richard when he gloomily signed the contract papers, Lyanna had forgotten all about trying her dress after it had come from fitting. She distinctly remembered it being covered everywhere possible, only now – it had long slits on the balloon sleeves, a tighter waist encasing, and an exposed back. The wedding was in half an hour and there was no time to think, or flee. The guests had arrived and so had her groom.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." Summer feigned innocence and pretended to check Mimi's make-up. They both looked spectacular in wine red cocktail dresses, matching the red roses in Lyanna's bouquet.

Her make-up was done and Lyanna had grudgingly stepped into the dress.

Perfect! Just Perfect!

"Incoming, the bride's handsome father," Richard laughed and entered with a small camera in his hands like a typical dad on his daughter's wedding. Summer fixed a golden brooch on Lyanna's loose bun and posed with Mimi. After a billion pictures were clicked, an emotional Richard appeared at his daughter's side.

"Ready, baby?"

He really wants this wedding! He does, and it is shining in his eyes. I am doing this for him. For his heart.

She nodded and they stepped out of the hotel room, welcoming a perfect wedding venue. It was almost sun down and the ceremony, being held atop a cliff overlooking a boundless azure ocean, was inviting. Tents were erected, and chairs occupied close to 300 friends and relatives. The aisle was sprinkled with rose petals and long torches were planted alongside. As dusk began to settle in, the flames from the torches illuminated some elated and some judgmental faces. But the only thing drawing Lyanna's attention was Nick. He had his back to her until the piece started playing 'Here Comes the Bride'. And as he turned around to see her, they both stilled. He looked positively God-like in that black tuxedo. His maroon bow-tie was velvety and tied to perfection on his white shirt. His Adam's apple bobbed, his lips were stern except she thought she saw a slight tremor from where she was approaching him. His jaw was shaved to perfection and his midnight brown hair were set behind like the 40's. His eyes were shining like diamonds borrowing light from the flame of the torches.

Richard kissed her forehead and gave Lyanna's hand in Nick's. The simple contact was numbing and charged at the same time. Lyanna didn't realise that she was furiously blushing, or that Nick noticed her flushed face and gave his signature smirk.

The padre read out some kind words about love and yaba jaba jaba. Who cared? She was right next to him! There they stood, his long fingers still holding her hand in the slightest. They robotically turned to face each other after instructed to read out their vows.

"I, Nicholas Winter, vow to hold you, protect you, trust you and love you. I promise that in sickness and in health, in days of utmost happiness or that of unfortunate tragedies, I will stand by you. From this day on, you are mine and I am yours. With this ring, I thee wed." He slipped the ring on Lyanna's finger and looked at her smiling akin to the 11 year old boy he first met her as.

"I, Lyanna Collings, vow to trust you, love you and cherish you. I vow to be your friend, and your partner in all that our life together has to offer, and love you unconditionally in sickness and in health. From this day on, I give you my heart and my soul. With this ring, I thee wed." Lyanna slipped the platinum band on his finger and just stood there waiting for the moment to end. It was getting too real.

Did he write that himself? Surely he didn't! But who makes-up such words; such emotions? Oh please just get this over with!

Then she heard the padre speak something about kissing.

Oh dang!

Before she knew it Nick stepped closer to her. He was mere inches away and she could drink in his eyes. They were so light that the stars in the night sky wouldn't be able to compete even if they wanted to. His chilly hands were on either side of her burning red face, and he heard her sharp intake of breath before his lips touched hers.

***

Nick could not stop laughing. He had to bite his fist and remind himself that he was in the presence of some notable elite. But he just couldn't hold it in. When Adam saw the jolly ol' Mimi walking down the aisle, his expression was priceless. Between hoots of laughter, Nick managed to consolingly whisper, "There-there."

Adam pouted and said, "Could have made you pay some other way." 

Nick could not stop so he turned around and faced the padre. One person witnessing him laugh like that would be better than 300.

Rodney, who was standing between them, looked equally displeased. He decided to redirect his attention to the crowd hoping to hook a cougar.

Then the piece played, and Summer showed up, just a few steps away from Mimi. Nick turned around and his eyes did a double take. The same gown he saw Lyanna wearing that day looked so different.

She wasn't adorning a veil and Nick was glad. It would be a shame to cover such splendid beauty. Some tendrils had escaped her bun and were brushing her shoulders – courtesy light winds blowing over the cliff. As she walked towards him, illuminated only by the fiery torch lights, he wanted to stop the world to drink her in.

As he held her hand he could cognise that they shared an electric moment. Throughout the ceremony, he faced the padre but his eyes were slyly focussed on her frame.

When the padre asked him to recite his vows, he was at a loss. The sun had set and her hazel eyes looked like fiery embers staring at him with utmost sincerity.

The vows which Adam had helped him write were forgotten and Nick realised he didn't even need them. She was his inspiration. So he said what came to his heart and was rewarded with a flushed smile from Lyanna.

He could barely concentrate on her words. He was transfixed; looking at her lips move in sync and the thoughts of what would follow. As she slipped the band on his finger, his hold on her hand tightened and when the padre declared them Man and Wife, it was as if a massive rock was lifted off his chest; like some imaginary shackles came undone, and then, so did he.

He held her face with an inexplicable urgency and heard her breathe sharply. He brushed his lips against hers. At first, it felt soft and luscious but the way she melted at his touch made him go on. He kissed her again, pulling her closer to him. He wanted to feel every inch of her in that second. She sighed and lightly held on to his wrists as if half-begging him to stop and half-protesting why he wasn't doing more. He brought one hand around her waist discovering her soft, exposed back and the other one was at her nape, pulling her closer; their tongues tangling hotly with each other's. The crowd gasped and clapped when he twirled and dipped her, deepening the kiss. The limited media that was invited for the wedding went ape-shit with their camera flashes. He couldn't care less about them or the fact that they were basically making out at their own wedding altar. All he thought about was this woman, who was...OWWW!!! She bit him!

Wow! She was a wildcat!

He brought his bride to her feet and embarrassed, they both stole glances at the excited crowd. He thumbed his lower lip to suck away his blood; clearly being mistaken with her smeared red lipstick, which was now all over his mouth. He watched her do the same and smiled. His hand came around her waist again as he pulled her to his side. He looked at her as if to say, Oh closet girl, you're in so much trouble now.

A/M: Cliff-diving is on my bucket list.