29. Trust A Glance

A/N: Have been working and reworking on this one and it still feels "almost but not quite" Hope you guys like it. Almost 1k views. Wassup!!! Keep the love coming y'all. Heart Heart JPC :*

A world without the goofy dog would be bleak, but it was the only way to end his suffering. The initial shock of seeing a teary Summer rocking the still corpse of her beloved beagle—Skater—was wearing off, and they were both—in their own ways—coming to terms with reality. Adam was holding Summer tight as the hospital nurses were rolling away Skater's body toward the ambulance, and Lyanna was looking forward to seeing her adorably emotional and extremely drunk husband. The preparations for the funeral were about to start in full swing, and Lyanna was returning home for a quick wink and a change of clothes. Her father was due any minute from Beijing and was going to join the formal ceremony. Maybe she could convince Nick to join them. She hated the way she had left things last night. Her timing was most inaccurate. Then she heard him slur his love for her on Adam's phone. Adam promised to not leave Summer's side and, seeing the way he was holding her, she could tell he wasn't going to break that promise. He was blushing when he confessed that he'd gotten in touch with Summer after Nick and Lyanna's wedding. After a few weeks of flirting, they began seeing each other off and on. Summer was getting used to Adam's company but even a blind man could tell that Adam had fallen hard for her red-haired friend: hook, line, and sinker. All Lyanna ever wanted was a love like Adam's except in Nick's eyes, solely, for her. After last night's phone call, she was led to believe that she still had a chance at keeping this marriage afloat. Maybe she could take back the nuclear bomb of divorce and the two of them could start fresh. So imagine her surprise when Lyanna stepped into Nick's apartment and found a blonde woman, dressed in nothing but a skimpy thong, leaning over the apex of her husband's thighs, and cocking her head up and down like a demented chicken. The smile she wore on her way home faded as she locked eyes with her husband who was struggling to keep up with possibly the most ferocious oral sex she could ever imagine. Nick face was sweaty; his words incomprehensible, his knees trying to dig into the woman's shoulders and clavicle, and his hands weak like they were floating in the air instead of helping him get up. Lyanna's eyes narrowed as she witnessed the scene in front of her. Her face contorted and her eyes welled up. Nick, who was rather sandwiched between the base of the kitchen counter and the blond woman who was still going at his manhood, finally managed to sit upright. The blonde backed up a little and taking advantage of the element of surprise, he weakly but surely pushed the woman aside—who was as it is misbalanced from leaning on her knees—and got up. Lyanna immediately looked away as he rose to his full height and began concealing his very alert groin back in his pants; he buttoned his new white shirt, which was tainted with sauce. Weak-kneed, he stumbled toward Lyanna who stood as still as a post with eyes downcast.

"Lyanna . . . I . . . this . . . what you just saw . . . trust me . . . it's not like that. Let me—"

A hard slap was heard in the emptiness of Nick's apartment. The blonde woman got up and began dressing up slowly, as if she was waiting to hear something.

"Lia, please, I—" she grabbed him by the collar and brought him to eye level.

Finding her voice, she screamed loudly enough for the whole building to hear, "Don't you dare call me by that name. Don't you fucking dare, you sick bastard!"

Teary-eyed, she looked away from him for the briefest of seconds to find the blonde woman, dressed—if one could call an extra­­–short short skirt and a four sizes small tank a dress—and ready, smiling like a hyena.

She quickly walked to where Lyanna and Nick were standing and offered, "I'm sorry, ma'am. He picked me up at the bar last night and got me drunk. We came back here and one thing led to another and . . . if I had known he was married, I would never come here."