Chapter 2

(Wendy's POV)

"ROMEO!" I yelled, running over and giving him a hug.
"W-Wendy," he stuttered. "Are you okay?"
"Yes, I just missed you a lot." I said.

It was true, this morning when I woke up I felt pain in my stomach. Lucy told me that I might have started my period or something but the pain went as soon as I saw Romeo.

I looked over at Laxus and he was sat with Mira. He sat close to her and she leaned on his shoulder, so I decided to do the same with Romeo.
"H-huh?" I heard Romeo say as I leant my head against his shoulder. I looked up and saw his cheeks tinted pink. It made me giggle.

——♡——

(Levy's POV)

"Hey, Lu-chan." I smiled, waving towards my best friend as she wandered into the guild hall. "Did you have a good sleep?"
"Not really," she replied. "Someone was was as hot as a fire and wouldn't let go of me!" She then yelled, glaring at Natsu. He was giving her a hug from behind, still refusing to let her go, which was somewhat amusing.

"Ahh well, at least it shows he cares for y-" I stopped speaking and stared at Natsu who was....
"Are you sniffing my hair!?" Lucy yelled. He ignored her and buried his face in her hair.
"Natsu!?"
"What?"
"Why are you sniffing me?" Lucy asked.
"You smell nice." He whispered. "Like strawberries and vanilla."

This was really awkward, so I decided to leave quickly.
"Lu-chan, I'm going to the library." I told her, walking off.
"Oh...okay." She replied, as I made my quick escape.

I walked into the library, which was quiet, until I heard voices coming from the guild.
"Natsu! Let go of me!"
"No!"
"I'm an independent woman!"
"You're loud too."
"LUCY KICK!"
I chuckled, then started to read some books.

——♡——

(Gajeel's POV)

"Natsu! Let go of me!" Bunny Girl yelled.
"No!" The Salamander replied.
"I'm an independent woman!"
"You're loud too."
"LUCY KICK!" Natsu was kicked in the gut and flew to the ground.

"I wonder where Shrimpy is." I said to Gray. "I haven't seen her in a wh-" I was cut off by a sharp pain in my stomach.
"Dude, you alright?" Ice boy asked.
"Just stomach cramps." I replied.
"Haha, didn't know boys went on periods." He chuckled, and I just glared at him in reply.

"I wouldn't joke about periods so lightly, Gray." Said Mira. "They're not nice at all, and they put you in a bad mood."
"So is Erza's hair red because she's always on a period then?" Natsu asked, walking over.
"I HEARD THAT YOU IDIOT!" Erza yelled, walking over and punching Natsu in the same place as he was kicked.
"Oww..." He grumbled.
"Serves you right." Erza and Lucy both replied.

I was getting bored and decided to go look for Levy. I first checked the library, since the Shrimp loves books for some reason. I walked in and saw her reading an old, worn down book and the pain in my gut went away, so I went over.

"What ya reading Shrimpy?" I asked.
"Gajeel, you're a Dragon Slayer, right?" She asked me.
"Yes, wh-"
"And Natsu is too?"
"Yes bu-"
"Laxus and Wendy are as well?"
"Why does this even matter?" I sighed, leaning against the bookshelf and looking down at the small girl, who was immersed in the book.

"Dragon Mating Season is a rare event that occurs once every ten years and lasts a month." She read out loud from the book. "It is where all dragons find and mark their mate, claiming that dragon as their own."

"Levy, we already know this. What's so special about-" I was interrupted.
"However, all the wizards that possess Dragon Slayer Magic will also be effected by this season. Like the dragons, the Dragon Slayers will find a human they love or desire and claim them as their own. Dragon Slayer's magic ability becomes stronger as their desire grows during this time, which makes them harder to stop."

"No way.." I muttered.
"There's more." Levy said.
"MORE!?"

"These Dragon Slayers will go through some symptoms during mating season, such as:
~ Stomach cramps when they are not with their 'mate'.
~ Feelings of anger or jealousy towards any person who tries to talk to, or take their 'mate' away.
~ Depression if the 'mate' rejects or ignores them."

"Oh my God.."
"One last thing.." Levy started.

"If any male dragons or Dragon Slayers do not mate by the end of the season, they.." She stopped.

"They what?" I asked, looking at her worried face. She suddenly craned her head to look at me, a deep sadness held in her eyes.

"T-they die."