Chapter 8

(A/N): Sorry guys, a bit of a short chapter. I'm trying to update all my stories in one night because I feel like I've been neglecting my other three books ever since "The Dragon's Contract" got 1k reads!!!
Hope you enjoy the chapter anyway. (≧∇≦)

(Mira's POV)

"Oh my Gosh.." I breathed. Both Natsu and Lucy had disappeared and in their place was a harsh burn mark.
"Mira!" Gray yelled. "Are you alright?"
"What happened here?" Erza asked.
"N-N-Natsu..." I mumbled.
"I knew it!" Erza scorned.
"We have to save Lucy!" Gray yelled. I swear I heard Juvia just whisper:
"Damn you Love Rival!"

Secretly, I didn't want to save her. Yes, I know her life is at risk, but the 'N' on her collarbone meant THAT MY OTP HAS SAILED!!! I was overjoyed, like, internally fangirling, but I am concerned for Lucy, so I won't celebrate just yet.

"B-but how are we going to save her?" I asked after a while, "We don't even know where they went."
"I think I might know." A small voice whispered. I looked over and saw who it was.

Lisanna.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~

(Lucy's POV)

All I saw was flames.

Flames that engulfed my body, fire that licked my arms and legs, yet I felt no pain. Just numb. I couldn't move; I had no control over my body. I felt my eyes slowly close.

When I woke up, I was lying in a bed. One that felt very familiar. I looked around and...

I was in the Heartfilia mansion, in my bedroom.

Why am I here?

I glanced down and saw that I was wearing a beautiful pink dress laced with ribbons. Getting out of the bed, I began to investigate; The same bed, wardrobe, mirror. I was definitely in my room. I peered out the window and I saw the same green fields and the same tiny cottages as I did when I was little. I began to cry.
"I need to get out of here." I said to myself.
"Why would you want to do that?" Someone said slyly.

I recognised that voice. That smell. The warm air. I swiftly span around.
"N-Natsu..." I whispered, a tear falling down my cheek.
"Don't cry." He smiled, walking up to me. He wiped the tear from my face and cupped my cheek with his hand.

"W-Why are we h-here?" I sobbed.
"My princess doesn't deserve a rented house that's only worth 70,000 jewel a month." He replied.
"B-but my d-dad's here. He owns this house."
"Your father has....." He thought for a moment. "Decided to step down."

Step down? What's he talking about?

H-he's not dead? Is he...?