Chapter 7

(Lucy's POV)

"LUSHEE~" Happy cried. "Where were you? I was worried!"
"I was just checking on Natsu." I lied, covering my collarbone.
"Well don't check on him too often!" Mira yelled. "You know what'll happen if you get too close."

Oh trust me, I know.

"So Lushe," Happy began. "I think me and you should go on a mission; it looks like you're running low on rent money."
"O-oh yeah..." I sighed. "Have you found anything?"
"There was this one job..." He then tells me all the details.

"So," I began, taking a slurp from my strawberry milkshake. "All we have to do is go to the lake in the forest and defeat these fish-men?" I asked.
"Mmm.... Fishhh..." Happy mumbled. Jeez. He's so greedy.

I was having a casual conversation with Mira at the bar when I felt a small gust of hot wind on my back. I spun round, but no one was there.
"You alright Lucy?" Mira asked.
"Yeah, it's just, I could've sworn someone was behind me." I replied.

I felt the gust of wind again, but decided to ignore it. Then Mira froze still with shock, she dropped the glass she was cleaning and it landed on the floor, shattering into millions of pieces.

"Mira! Are you okay?" I asked. She stretched out a shaky hand and pointed behind me, but I didn't have to turn round. I knew who it was.

The strangely warm breath.

The strong scent of cinnamon.

The sound of his smirk.

It was Natsu.

"Hey Luce," he whispered in my ear. "Why'd you run away? I thought you loved me."
"I-I had to-" I stopped talking when I felt his hands snake around my waist.
"Shh...." He said softly.

(Gray's POV)

"Hey flame brain, what the fuck do you think you're doing!?" I yelled.
"Ice Make - Lance!" I used my magic to try to stop Natsu, but he enveloped himself, and Lucy, in a flame barrier, so nothing could get in.

Or get out.

"G-Get off her!" Mira yelled. Throwing a plate at the barrier.
"Why should I?" Natsu teased. "She's already mine."
"W-what do you mean?" She stuttered, fearing the worst.

Then I saw it.

the 'N' on her collarbone. Mira saw it too.

"No.." She gasped. This made Natsu smirk.
"Yes." He announced boldly. "Luce is mine, if you touch her, you're as good as dead." Then they disappeared into thin air, leaving behind a scorched bar stool and an empty glass of milkshake.