Chapter 17 PREVIEW (SORRY OMG DX)

Jeff's POV
------------------
I've been worried about her since Zalgo attacked. She... She's been quiet and slightly clingy ever since then. Sighing, I softly closed her bedroom door. (Y/N) had fallen asleep and, very recently, had been having nightmares. They ended the same way; having to watch some demons, or Zalgo's followers, torture and kill someone she cared for, or she would get tortured endlessly until she woke up. I talked to EJ about it, but he says it's probably because Zalgo's attack, and it'll stop soon.
That was several weeks ago.
The nightmares haven't stopped, and Smile wakes me up at the right times to comfort her.
Almost every night, she asks me to stay with her. It's slowly getting harder and harder for her to sleep, and now I'm staying with her every night. Tonight was one of the few that I couldn't. Slender had chosen me, Masky, Hoodie, Toby, and Eyeless Jack to go with him to talk to Zalgo about this.
Back to the present, I went downstairs and grabbed my weapons, waiting for everyone else to get ready. EJ had his normal weapons, plus some bandages and other medical supplies in case things turned for the worst.
(Y/N), who was sitting on the couch, watched us. It was easy to see that she was uneasy; it was in her eyes and in the way she spoke.
While the others gathered at the door, I stayed with her.
"You'll.. You'll be back soon, right..?" She asked.
I nodded. "Of course."
The conversation went on for a few minutes, then Slender appeared in the room.
'Is everyone ready?' He asked.
When the group nodded, we left.
~°o°~
The walk to the portal to Zalgo's realm was silent. I was too lost in thought, and the Proxies were either alert or communicating with Slenderman. We could have teleported or "Sledner-Walked", but the "wise and powerful" Slender was too weak for that at the moment.
Eventually, the portal came into view.
'You know the drill.' Slender sent to us. 'No attacking unless I say so.' That part was directed at me, mostly. I'm usually the first one to attack and almost get myself killed.
Without hesitation, we walked through the portal. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a preview as the title says. Feel free to yell at me. It's been months. My God I need to come up with a better schedule..