Chapter Twenty - Two

Edited

I can't help but growl as Jenna tightens the dress around me. "Ow!" I complain, "This dress hurts like hell."

"Humph. Suck it in baby," she says, tying the sash around my waist before pinning my hair up. How did we even find this dress?

"Alright, all done," Jenna says, beaming a smile of how proud she is of herself. "You look beautiful Gabby," She compliments.

"Really? Because right now, I feel like the life is getting sucked out of me because of this tight dress," I joke, "But thank you."

I start walking out of my room. "Be careful going down the stairs!" Jenna calls after me. Forgot we had stairs....

   After about three gruesome minutes, I make it to the bottom of the stairs, Jenna sighing in annoyance every thirty seconds. "Took you long enough," She comments from the top of the stairs before making it down in less than ten seconds. She steps into the kitchen

    Elena walks in. "Wow you look—"

    "Yeah," I interrupt, not wanting her to say it directly.

    "It's creepy. You look exactly like the picture," Elena notices, looking at my tighter than normal curls.

    "Except she's used to these and I'm not," I say, lighting up the skirt a little. Elena laughs at me. I pick up my dress and try not to fall as I walk closer towards her.

    "How's Jeremy?" She asks, "I heard your fight last night."

    "Horrible. Elena, he called me by my name. My full name."

    "That bad?"

    "Yeah." I let out a frustrated sigh, "I don't know what to do. We did all of his to protect him from ever knowing but he's known almost the whole time!"

    "Keep Jeremy from knowing what?" Jenna asks, walking towards us. She gives Elena a pop tart.

    "That Elena had sex with Stefan in Jeremy's room," I lie. Elena chokes out her pop tart.

    "But—" she starts but I elbow her hard.

    "Shh," I shush, raising a finger to my lips, "Don't tell Jeremy." I smirk.

    She zips her lips, a smile forming. "Not a soul." She laughs on her way back upstairs to get something.

    After Elena stops choking on her pop tart, her face turns super red. But I can't tell if it's anger or embarrassment. "Really? Sex in his room?" Elena whispers.

    "Hey! I was on the spot so I had to think quickly and, it had to be something embarrassing or she would've suspected something." I shrug.

    "It's didn't have to be Stefan and I's sex!"

    "It was embarrassing enough to work!" I argue, giving a sly smile, "Now let's go. I have to meet Tyler at the float soon." Tyler is my official escort, but I can't help but hope he'll be a no-show like last time.

-----------

    "I'm nervous," I admit, getting out of the car. Elena helps smooth my skirt once I land on the side walk.

    "What do you think their reactions will be?" She asks.

    I spot them across the large square of grass the town uses for fairs and gatherings. Stefan and Damon, both dressed casually, stare at me from across.

    Blast from the past, I guess.

    "Hey," I greet normally, knowing they both can hear me.