Chapter XIX

Hopya like it!

---------------------------------------------------

Chapter XIX - Building relationships 

Mardy's P.O.V

I narrowed my eyes at the two figures talking in a corner.

"Why do you want to ask me out...?" Clarissa sharply asked Kai, who's hot but he messed with my friend so he's going down.

"For a dat- err... just a friendly dinner or lunch... whatever you want. So that I could show I'm really sorry about what happened!" Kai blabbered, he's really getting nervous.

Clarissa raised an eyebrow at him, she thought about it for a second then answered a quick 'no' before storming off.

She walked towards us... as we go back to our dorms, "Why'd you say no?" I asked her.

"He's been asking me out since the incident happened, I guess he still hasn't got what I meant when I kept ignoring him," Clarissa answered.

"That's not what I meant. I mean why would you reject his offer? It's a peace offering," I asked her, confused.

Finally we reached our dorm and bade goodbye to the others, as we enter she answered my question, "It's not that I haven't forgive him already... In fact I did, I just don't want to be killed by any of their fans..."

She snorted, "And most of all I don't want to look like I'm that easy to get... and I'm not interested in any of them," she added as we entered our room.

"Hmmm... point taken, but he did say it's just a friendly date of some sort. Right?" she nodded while changing her clothes.

"Then go for it, because I know I would never pass something like that," I muttered, I took off my own.

"I'll still think about, now then hurry up... or else we're going to be late for work." she said then went out of the room.

I quickly changed my clothes then left with Min Ah, and Vallerie towards the cafe.

*At Sweet Life Cafe*

Author's P.O.V

Chanyeol, Lay and Sehun entered... as Mardy and Min Ah were about to greet them, Mardy suddenly froze. 

Kai entered also with Clarissa, "Welcome to Sweet Life Cafe!" Min Ah chirped.

"Annyeong noonas! Annyeong Mardy-ah!" Sehun greeted with a smiling face and a enthusiastic wave.

Mardy stayed silent, she led the three boys towards their seats while Min Ah led the other two on another table.

Mardy leaned in towards Lay and whispered in his ear, Chanyeol glared at the two of them, "Hey! What is Kai and Clarissa doing here?" 

Lay smirked at her as she leaned away, "Well... Kai went to where Clarissa-ssi works then asked her out, well we were there too... we sort of helped him," he answered.

"But I thought they were still working? They said they had a really scary boss," she narrowed here eyes, "And that's where we came in," Lay said then chuckled with Sehun joining him, Mardy rolled her eyes then lightly slapped Lay.

"Conceited jerk," she murmmured then giggled, she didn't noticed the heated glare Chanyeol gave them.

"Anyways what can I get you guys?" she stood up then got their orders before telling it to their cook. 

= ^ ___ ^ = 

"Clarissa-ssi, thanks for letting me have this friendly date with you..." Kai said showing his heart stopping smile.

Clarissa nodded, she didn't want to be rude... the guy was really guilty for the thing that has happened.

 Kai took something behind his back then showed it to Clarissa. Clarissa's eyes widen at the sight of a single white rose in front of her.

Two thoughts entered her mind, how did he hid it behind his back this whole time and why did he have to give her something like this?

 "I'm sorry, I'm really guilty about what happened. I mean, I spilled juice on your uniform and I didn't even got to buy you a spare one or something..." he said as he mummured the last part.

Clarissa felt warm inside, a foreign feeling, a feeling that she was sure... she never felt for a long time.

 "*Ehem* HERE ARE YOUR ORDERS!" Mardy shouted which interrupted Clarissa and Kai's thoughts.

She placed them in front of the two, "ENJOY~" she said loudly, she faced Kai.

Their eyes met and she glared at him, Kai gulped and with that Mardy stormed off.

"Sorry about her... she's an idiot," Clarissa sighed, Kai then chuckled which startled her.

"Don't worry... I understand her," he said.

Clarissa did something that made Kai froze... she smiled at him genuinely. Kai then blushed.

Clarissa grew confused because Kai kept staring at her.

She snapped her fingers in front of Kai, "Yo! Dude!"

Kai snapped out of his daze, "Uhh.. y-yeah *cough* so...  let's eat! The food's getting colder." Kai awkwardly said. 

Then they ate and enjoyed the night with special interruptions from Min Ah and Mardy sometimes from Chanyeol, Lay and Sehun.

---------------------------