Chapter 11- You Sound Like My Grandma!

Today is my birthday whoopie! Notice the sarcasm? It's because I don't have parties and it's because I share it with the beast that killed my mum. I never told anyone that today was my birthday and I don't plan on it either.

"Ave, you have mail!" Tori calls from downstairs so I go running downstairs. "Today is your birthday?" Tori asks and I nod and she smiles

"I'm sorry I didn't know. I must make you brownies and we are hosting a party for you" she says with over excitement but I decline.

"As nice as that sounds, I'm just going to watch Netflix. But those brownies sound nice" I say with an innocent smile

"Right away mrs 17" Tori says as she goes into the kitchen. I see that she is texting someone. Oh no...

Tori's POV

I can't believe she didn't tell us it was her birthday. I know she doesn't want a party but she's going to get one. I mean you only turn 17 once. I text Adam

T- we need to throw a party ASAP!

A- Y?

T- it's Avery's birthday. She just told me. She doesn't want a party but that's to bad bc we r throwing her 1 ☺️

A- alright. 1 BD party coming right up! We can have it at my house

T- that sounds gr8 txt me details l8r byeeeee

A- Bye

I know exactly what I am going to get her for her birthday. I call up the hospital. "Hello?"

"Hi this is Tor- Avery Hunter. I was just wondering if my grandmother was well enough to come to my birthday party tonight?"

"I'm sorry but that is not possible. She is too ill"

"I understand. Do you know how much time she has left?"

"Not very much m'am, she has about 3 days" the nurse says and a tear falls down my face

"Okay, me and my friends are coming to visit her today  thank you" I say while hanging up the phone. Avery's gonna be feces rated if her grandmother dies. She knew it was going to happen but then she will literally have nobody left. Her fathers side disowned him once he proposed to her mom and her moms family well they aren't from the right side of the tracks. The only one she has left is her grandmother. I grab my keys and text Ty and Adam to meet us.

Avery's POV
"Tor, Where are we going?" I say and she smirks. We pull into a parking lot and I automatically know where we are. We are at the hospital my grandmother is in, a place that I could not bring myself to come to visit her because the truth is, I am afraid to lose her.

We get out of the car and we spot the guys. They walk in with us. "What room is Kansas Hunter in?" I ask the lady at the front desk

"112" she says and I swallow my pride and walk. I walk into the room holding back tears at the sight I saw. My grandmother is hooked up to all different machines, an IV pole and she's reading a book.

"Hey grandma" I say and she looks over at me and smiles. "Oh Avery, how much I have missed you, it's been a while" she says while smiling brightly

I hug her and it feels like it could last forever. "So how are you grandma?"

"Eh let's not focus on me, who are these lovely gentlemen and lady?" She asks and I smile

"These are my friends Tori, Adam and my boyfriend Toby" I say and grandma smiles. She points to Toby and signals for him to come over.