Dont put yourself down

Sollux's POV
Trotting through the forest I sighed almost happily it was so peaceful and serene out here I could just get lost in it. The fresh sent of the grass and oak and pine was blissful. I didn't have to worry about hiding or being something I'm not, I'm free out here.

I pounce on a couple rabbits delivering a snap to its small neck killing it then strapping it to my belt and walking back to the spot Vriska said we'd be meeting at sitting down on the ground.

Minutes later Vriska bursts out of the trees with a small whoosh sitting down next to me setting down three rabbits into the pile,"thought I was chasing a deer 8ut it turned out just to be a fat fox that ran underground as soon as I got close" she says as I toss my two rabbits onto the pile as well.

"That'th kinda thhitty" I muse and pick one of the rabbits bringing it to my mouth and draining it.

"Yea" she agrees draining two by the time I finish one.

"Hungry?"

"Yes" she says,"I haven't eaten in maybe a week, it gets mighty hard humans are much tastier than this I was a8out to pounce on nerd 8oy the first time he came around to annoy me till you come"

"Oh, I never drank from a human before"

"What seriously?"

"Yeah I jutht am thtill half human jutht feelth wrong"

"I can get that it be like me trying to drink from another vamp not quite right almost like canni8alism"

I nod and lay on the ground face down after draining a second rabbit.

"What's eating you?" She asks worriedly.

"Life ith horrible for me" I curl up on my side.

She scoots a little closer to me,"Aw come on it can't 8e that 8ad"

"But it ith itth terrible"

"Why so?"

"I get thtuck in the middle of living I'm not human I'm not a vampire, My cruthh hateth me becauthe of it, hith guardian will want me dead ath thoon ath he findth out" I started sobbing hard by the end it was just a mess of gibberish about my no good parents that no one would be able to decode what I was saying.

Through it all Vriska looked at me with sad eyes not pity just sadness as she tried to calm me down,"Hey Sollux calm down man you got a lot to live for don't put yourself down"

"B-but-" she put her hand over my mouth.

"No 8uts, just look on the 8right side of things for once, so what you may have a crush that hates you, the 8right side is now you have a friend to stick with you and I'm damn happy that someone as nice as you would put up with a 8itch like me"

I don't want to say anything more about my shitty sob story so I start something else instead,"y-you don't theem tho bad"

She chuckles smiling a bit,"that's 8ecause you don't know me well enough yet"

This makes me giggles a little and she shakes her he chuckling more,"See there's that toothy smile you have" she stands up offering a hand to me,"come on let's get outta here"

"Alright" I wipe my eyes redness leaving my face.