Do you want to?

Vriska's POV
I followed Sollux and dragged Tavros behind me as he went to the captor residence. We walked up to a rather large red brick house and Sollux pulled a key from his pocket, unlocking the door and letting us inside.

Looking around it was a pretty nice place, there was a kitchen and a couple of other rooms downstairs and an upstairs which I assumed had some bedrooms. Walking in there was the living room and it had a large about sixty inch tv and two small couches and a recliner forming a loose square around it.

"The library ith over here" Sollux speaks up and walks over to one of the rooms opening the door and heaps of dust fall out.

"Whoa who canceled the maid service in there?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I jutht don't go in here it hath all of my parentth weird paranormal bookth"

"Mmn okay then let's get looking"

"uHH WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR EXACTLY?"

"I have no idea" Sollux chuckles and walks in pulling a book off the shelf and sending more dust flying.

Besides all the the dust the library was a cozy place. A large mahogany desk was placed in the center of the room with a couple of stools placed around it. The lengths of the largest two walls were covered in dusty old books and along the back wall under the large window was a small couch and some bean bags.

I grab one of the books coughing at the dust from opening it. The book had that really strong sent that you only get from old books. I read the title on the inside since the outside had been worn down to a pale red color, PIXIES REAL OR FAKE. ...Okay then not what we're looking for.

********
After about an hour of looking through books we had to get a stool to reach some of them. There was a rather large brown one with dark red speckles across it that looked particularly helpful. I pulled it down and tossed it onto the table. Sollux walked over, wiped the dust off staring at the cover for a second.

"There thhould be thomething in thith one I think" he says and I look over his shoulder at the cover.

Vampires and Demons: An Encyclopedia

I open the large book scanning through the the pages before coming to a page in about the middle and starting to read.

"Vampires usually kill their prey although on rare occasions decide to turn them. Their method causes no harm at first but then slowly morphs the cells in the body." I skim through the rest then look back up.

"Tavros do you want to?" I ask the troll who was practically shaking in one of the bean bag chairs.

"wHAT?"

"Do ya want to 8ecome a vampire" I reply,"contrary to what you think we're not evil"

"Yeah we jutht thought giving you a good thcare would be funny"

"Which it was you were shaking so 8ad!" I chuckle.

"oH,,,wELL I GUESS I DON'T REALLY CARE" He looks over at us,"bEING A VAMPIRE SOUNDS COOL"

I grin,"Well then you have two choices, you can have nerd King 8ite you and 8ecome a half vampire like him........Or I could do it myself and you can 8e a full vampire"

"iTS THAT EASY?"

"Hell yeah, apart from one catch if you want to 8e a full you have to drink from a human to complete the transform" I shrug. It didn't seem like a big deal to me the town was full of humans but apparently Sollux didn't like my plan because he freezes up looking at me like I just murdered his family.

"W-what?!"

"He just needs a little sip or just kill the guy, it's ONE person in a town full of people what's the worst that can happen?"

"The hunterth could catch us"

"That's not going to happen and if it did you wouldn't get it that 8ad, I'll pro8a8ly 8e killed on sight 8ut you your one of them you'll just get thrown in jail or put in asylum"

"N-No that won't happen. It's not the thame for halfth if they catch me they'll be thet on trying to 'cure' me. And that is a fate worthe than death t-they p-prod you w-with n-needleth a-and *he starts visibly shaking,"I...I-I c-can't d-do i-it....not a-again I-I can't d-do I-it" he screams out tears rolling down his face as he shakes even more.

I rush forwards wrapping him in a hug rubbing his back to try and calm him, "Shhhh Shhh Shhh it's okay that won't happen, you have me now and Tavros. We'll protect you or die trying, I promise" he grips tightly onto my crying softly into my shirt as I continue to comfort him.

What are you doing 8eing nice comforting people this isn't you this isn't Vriska Serket, My brain keeps yelling at me but I try to say otherwise, No that's the old Vriska the one that had to 8e mean to survive. This is the new Vriska a new person with friends that actually like and appreciate her!

**********
After about ten minutes Sollux pulls back wiping his face and saying that he was fine, I nod softly and watch him walk over to the back of the room laying down on the couch and pulling out his phone still rubbing his puffy
red eyes.

I turn my attention back to tavros who seemed in awe of the whole scene. He looked as if he was about to comment but I stop him,"Save it toreadork I can 8e nice when I want"

"i GUESS ILL JUST BE A FULL VAMPIRE,,,,uH GO FOR THE HIGHEST RIGHT?"

"I personally don't care. Would it 8e nice to have another full to talk to? Yes. 8ut am I going to control your decisions? No"

"iM SURE I WANT TO BE A FULL VAMPIRE JUST,,,,uH HURRY UP BEFORE I CHICKEN OUT"