Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven.

Ashton chuckled lightly when he felt Noah tense as he wrapped his arms around him.

"What are you doing?"

"It's for safety. Do you want me to fall to my death when you start your killer machine?"

"I wouldn't mind really," Noah muttered as he started the bike and sped off out of the city, the way they had come.

"Why are we going back?"

"Maria said she couldn't tell us where the kid is. Apparently, it would tamper with stuff that's supposed to happen. So she said we'll find our way back in town."

Ashton nods his head, although he too was disappointed. He'd hopped it would have been a good lead. "Is she a seer or something?"

"Part seer, I hate them with how secretive and all knowing they always are."

The conversation was minimum the rest of the ride. But not an awkward silence. Ashton is not usually comfortable around vampires but Noah was different. He even let him drink from him. Something he's never done and will never offer anyone else.

"I'm hungry," Ashton finally said breaking the silence.

"Oh shit! I totally forgot. You're probably starving," Noah exclaimed parking in front of some buildings. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"Because I've been eating. Yesterday I sneaked out when you were asleep but today I didn't, so...yeah,"

"Stupid asshole. What if you pass out from starvation?"

"I guess you should probably feed me now. It's only fair since I let you feed from me."

Noah faked a gasp. "What! You want payment? I thought you were saving me from dying of blood loss."

Ashton just grinned. "And you'll be saving me from dying from starvation."

"Alright come along, my baby will be safe here,"

Ashton followed him down the street. He'd appreciate a good burger right now. Or a pepperoni pizza. Or both. He could already taste it. His stomach grumbled in agreement.
"Are we there yet?"

"What are you? Five?" Noah snickered.

"No, but I'm hungry."

"Yeah, you said that already."

"So, are we there yet?" he pouted. The man loves food, it's a wonder he was able to stay a whole day without. Noah seemed to ignore him. He got the message and followed the man in silence. The vampire isn't very social. Maybe it's the fact that he had a bounty on his head. Or maybe there's something else, you never know.

"Here it is," Noah's voice pulled him out of his thoughts.

"McDonald's! I love you," Ashton exclaimed practically running into the building. Noah followed in a slower pace behind him.

...................

Ashton shoved the burger and fries into his mouth. Taking a sip of his coke after ever few bites.

"Where are we starting our search?"

"We're going back to the feeding room where we met. Maybe we will get something there," Noah said after taking a sip of his coke.
Ashton's expression twisted in disgust. "Do we really have to go back there?"

"Yes. Yes we do," he nodded his head going back to his drink. Ashton wasn't looking forward to going to a feeding room. Maybe he'll wait outside. But the anxiety to know what's happening would probably kill him. It looks like he's going to a feeding room. Again.

"Don't look so glum. It's a short trip, just in and out. If you hate them so much, why were you there the other day?"

"I was looking for you,"

" You could have waited outside."

Ashton frowned. Tilting his head slightly. Why hadn't he thought of that. He could have waited, but then he hadn't been sure if Noah would take ages and time was running out. Like right now. They need to get going. Vampires are dangerous to his kind. It's not that his species can't protect themselves. They can hold their own, but Cammy is a kid. They can kill her. Or worse drain her dry, which is probably what they want to do to her.

Now he's lost his appetite. What's he doing filling his stomach while his niece might be fatally hurt.

"Let's go, we have to find Cammy." he said standing up. He went to remove his wallet but Noah stopped him.

"I'm paying, remember."

"Isn't that cute." A voice interrupted. He saw Noah tense before they turned to the voice in acknowledgement.

"What do you want Robert?" Noah asked with a sigh.

"To kill you of course. I still want that reward."

Oh great! One of the crazies that want Noah dead. This is going to be a long night.