MisHAP(PY)

I got down the bus; evening sun shining on my face. I was too tired and so eagerly looked at the only bench at that stop. But as I feared, he was there!

I've been seeing him there, since few days, sitting alone and reading his book. He seemed to be a decent guy but the only problem I had with this stranger; was that he occupied that seat and I had to stand.

(I know, what I'm saying sounds very silly... but my dear friends who travel for hours in city buses to schools, colleges and workplaces; will definitely understand the suffering of not acquiring a seat at bus, after a long tiring day.)
Anyways; let's come back to the situation.

That day I was too tired to remain standing. There was no one else at the stop. Still, I just kept my hesitation aside and approached him.

He looked up at me and I pointed towards the seat beside him.

{Now why am I making a fuss explaining all this? There is a reason- I am basically an introvert who stays away from strangers as much as possible. I am very bad at starting a conversation, or building up friendship.. and (here's the main point- I HATE MEN!) So I maintain a huge distance... ALWAYS!!}

He smiled as if agreeing and shifted aside to give me some space. I put my bag between us and sat down. After some 5 min; he just looked up as if looking for the bus and then turned towards me.

I suddenly observed a change in his expression and before I could make out what was happening; he held my hand and pulled me towards him!!

Then there was a loud sound and before I came back to my senses; I saw the red imprint of my 4 fingers on his cheek!

His face was pale for a few sec; and after he regained his senses, his face turned red with anger!

But...Instead of scolding me or hurting me (as I was expecting); he turned away!
I heard a soft thud.. a SNAKE.. it was exactly at that place where I sat a few sec before!!!

It's black slender body glittered in the evening sun light. It hissed and slid away into the nearby bushes.

I stared at his face with horror! He looked up at the tree branch above me. It was quite low.. may be a few inches above my head.

He looked into my eyes with an expression of pity.

I felt guilty and wanted to apologise. But before I could say a word he walked away to board a bus. To my shock, it was the same bus that I had to board! So I grabbed my bag and ran towards it.

My conscience was pricking me. I wanted to seriously apologise to him. But I could not. As I got down the bus; to my great pleasure, I noticed him getting down ( so this is his stop too! ). I rushed towards him but I was too late.

He walked away in a haste and I could not catch up.
With mixed feelings I reached home.

Till now you saw mishap. But what about happy? To find out, please continue reading.

[ I would be very thankful to you for your support by giving your kind suggestions. ]