His Help!

The next day was horrible. I decided not to speak to him since that would only make me want to know more about him. And he would only put me in more confusion! ( I sighed ) **of course; he never let me know his name! How would he tell me more?**

My health was really not making it easier for me!

I had my usual monthly sickness; I felt dizzy and weak, but the worst was my abdominal cramps; which made me feel like hell.
I could not walk upright. This had never been easy for me!!

I got down the bus with great difficulty as another paroxysm of pain made me wince.

Not being able to carry myself anymore, I sat down on the bench.

He smiled at me but I did not return it back to him. **How could I?**

His smile turned into a worried expression.
HE: Are you alright?

I did not respond... but I was breathing heavily.
HE: You are sweating badly!

He was staring at my face.
**I felt glad he was noticing me! I feel nice when his eyes are on me.. even though they seem to dig deep into me!**

He handed me a handkerchief ( napkin.. whatever!)
I hesitated to take it.

HE: Don't worry! It is freshly washed and clean...

I could not help but smile at his innocence and concern.
He thrusted it into my hand.
That is when our fingers met and I felt a tingling sensation which sent shiver down my spine. But I have to admit.. it was the first time I ever had it.. and it felt great!!!

HE: Your fingertips are so cold; even while you are sweating! I have a feeling you are not well.
His eyes showered care.
I nodded.

HE: You should get a taxi then! You cannot manage in a bus!

He reached for his mobile phone in his trouser pocket.. but I held his hand trying to stop him. **Wow! When did I get this intimacy?!**

ME: Um.. no it is ok! All this is common for me.

HE: But look at you! You might collapse anytime!

ME: I SAID this is common for me! (I snapped)

I usually get very moody and irritable when I get sick! **especially.. this kind of.. sick**

HE: But promise me you will let me stay close. God knows how you will reach home in this condition.

ME: No I am fine!

I got up but immediately lost balance. **My head was spinning!**

I felt a tight grip around my arm. That stopped me from having a literal face to face with the ground.

HE: Yes you are fine! {He rolled his eyes}

His hand was still gripping mine while I tried to regain my balance.

**It was a strong and tight grip.. but very delicate at the same time.. as if he was trying to protect something very fragile...!**

HE: Come on!

He was carrying my bag! He walked me to the bus, which just arrived; still holding my hand.

We entered the bus and 'Thank god!'. The bus was almost empty. I found a comfortable seat next to the window. We showed our travelling pass to the conductor and ...my friend started talking to him.

After a while he came and sat beside me.
I felt surprised!
{So here's a bit of extra info.. in the city buses there are half the seats reserved for women where men usually don't sit. They occupy the other half of seats at the rear end of the bus.}

HE: I asked the conductor whether I could sit here with you, since you were sick.
He agreed since the bus was almost empty... but on the condition that I should give up the place if any lady demanded.

He smiled.
I smiled too.
**God please let the bus remain empty throughout our journey.. I need him beside me..**

He looked at me and smiled again.. **Did he hear my mind??**

Ok! Thanks to all my dear friends for reading this.. you are all awsome!!!!!.. I need to mention that I am an Indian {and I am proud of it!}. Whatever I write will be totally Indian.

Thank you! :)