Blocks Chapter 15

CHAPTER 15

-The Volktina logged in

Tonylovesrainbows: Julia! How is the arm?

The Volktina: fucking terrible, I had a rage and upturned my room.

Tonylovesrainbows: It really gets to the head.

The Volktina: agreed.

Tonylovesrainbows: you go out with Leah Cave?

The Volktina: Yup

Tonylovesrainbows: ^_^

The Volktina: haha!

Tonylovesrainbows: and is your Dads name Bogdan Leader?

The Volktina: Yep, that’s the one :)

Tonylovesrainbows: Wow! That’s  foreign!

The Volktina: Yup! He was born in Russia. His name in Cyrillic is Богдан. My grandfather’s name is Vyacheslav xD

Tonylovesrainbows: how do you spell that in Cyrillic? I'm learning Russian at school this year :P

The Volktina: Вячеслав, and my brother’s name shortened is Антон. That's cool :D

Tonylovesrainbows: Shit! Cyrillic is like an alien language!

The Volktina: My nana’s name is Gizla.

Tonylovesrainbows: I don’t want to know what that is in Cyrillic xD

The Volktina: Good because idek.

Tonylovesrainbows: Do you know yours?

The Volktina: Юлия, pronounced Yulia.

Tonylovesrainbows: Are you 100% sure you r not Yulia Volkova?

The Volktina: xD I could be related to her I guess. Dad has heaps of family still in Russia.

Tonylovesrainbows: U know, I thought u looked pretty Russian when I first met you. Now I know you r half-Russian!

The Volktina: haha! Yep. Idk any of the language though. Just tatu songs! xD

Tonylovesrainbows: typical *eye roll*

The Volktina: haha! G2g 2 the shop ttyl

Tonylovesrainbows: Chush' sobach'ya! xD

-The Volktina logged out.

I quite often walk down to the shop. It’s fun to walk. I can look at worms on the side of the road if it has been raining. This walk was NOT fun though. About halfway back from the shop I saw Chantel with…………..James! I didn’t even check to see if they’d seen me. I dashed straight home and didn’t look back.

Anton was on the couch with one of his friends, Jerry; I think. They were talking about something called ‘Blocks’ so I ignored them and went upstairs. Earlier I had apologised to Anton about my outburst so we were on good terms again. I was doing my homework when Dad came in.

“Hi Julia; how are you feeling?” he asked, gesturing to the hole in my wall.

“I’m fine, I think I feel better after destroying my room,” I told him, “thank you for fixing my window.”

Dad held up his hand, “I have to tell you something.”

“What is it?” I asked curiously. Dad hesitated, I got a bit worried.

“Julia, Mum’s not coming home,” he sniffed. My world froze. Mum’s. Not. Coming. Home. As the words sank in, Dad said:

“I’m so sorry Julia, I should have told you earlier.”

I didn’t really hear any of that. I put my head in my hands and groaned;

“Oh Mum.” Dad was intently watching me. “Why did she leave?” I asked.

“She has been having an affair with a guy called Craig Lock,” Dad said with a hint of sadness in his voice, “she lives with him now.” Mum had finally done it. She had left us. I saw it coming, I guess. When Dad left the room, I didn’t cry. I just let Mum go. She had never been there for me; no matter how many times she had said it. When I was sick, sad, getting my adenoids removed at the hospital. It was only an act. I only had Anton and Dad now. I had to keep myself together and Dad had to keep us together.