Chapter 15- Surprises

(Charlie's pov) 

I got up and noticed Joel wasn't laying to the right of me, like he was every morning. Something fishy is going on here. I walked down the stairs and saw him on the phone.

"Joely, whatcha doin'?" He looked up, startled by my words.

"Oh, I'm talking to Ryan." He didn't seem like he was hiding something, not that he would, so I went back to bed.

I woke up again and saw a note from Joel, laying on his pillow. It read:

Charlie,

Went to the store to get some things for tonight. Love ya, bubs.

                                                  Your Bugga Boo xxx 

I loved his little notes, not because of content, just because he would actually care to leave me a note. I wonder what tonight is? I guess it could be some party for the band's upcoming tour or maybe a surprise birthday party for someone and Joel knows I'm close to them. 

I got up and took a shower. I heard a door closing from downstairs. I guess Joely's home.

"Charlie, come here, sweetie." Joel's sweet voice echoed through the house. I wrapped myself in a towel and popped my head around the stairs.

"What's up, Joely?" I saw Lauren standing there. "Hey, Lauren!"

"Well, Lauren offered to take you shopping for a bit. Do you wanna go?"

I could use a day to get out and enjoyed a female's company for once. Usually, I'm stuck in the house with men, fun times.

"Mm 'kay. That sounds pretty good. Let me change into some clothes." 

I went upstairs and put on a pair of light-washed jeans and a white tank with a white blazer. I grabbed a pair of white flats and my little, gold clutch. I straightened my hair, fixed my make up, and went downstairs.

"Ready?" Lauren asked, smiling when she saw my outfit. She was always a little more flashy when she dresses.

"Ready when you are. Bye, Joel." I kissed his cheek and headed towards Lauren's car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Lauren's pov) 

Char and I went to a little cafe, towards the city. We sat down.

"Lauren, I have a question." She looked a little worried.

"Sure, anything. I'm always here."

"Why is Joel acting so weird and so anxious to get me out of the house?" I knew exactly why, but I can't tell her.

"I don't know. I think Ryan said something about me distracting you." Her face dropped.

"Oh, okay." She was kinda silent for the rest of lunch. I knew she thought Joel was cheating on her, but that's not at all the case.

"Let's talk about your career. So how's it been goin'?"

"Good. I've recorded three songs already. They said at the rate I'm going, we are bound to have an album out within the next three months." I always believed in Charlie. She had something most people don't have, everything. She was perfect and meant to be a singer.

"I am so proud of you. Now get your butt over here and give your best friend slash sister a hug." She came over and hugged me.

"Now let's go shopping. I need to buy a new outfit for some reason. I just want another dress." She laughed. We found a little shop on the edge of town. It was my favorite store, especially for party outfits. I found a cute, black dress with a pink belt. Charlie picked out a more subtle dress. It had a white top, a gold belt running through the middle, and a blue pencil attached. We proceeded to the check out. I am excited to get back to Char and Joel's.

We walked back to the house. Charlie took out her key and opened the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Charlie's pov) 

I opened the door and saw balloons everywhere.

"SURPRISE!" a few people shouted. 

Joel walked over to me. He kissed me.

"I hope you like it." I was shocked. I was sitting here, thinking that he was cheating. I guess I was wrong, thankfully. 

"I love it, babe, but what's it for?" He smiled and look over at the boys, who were sitting on the couch. They stood up and all came over to hug me.

"Charlie, we are so happy." Adam said.

"Can't wait." Ryan added.

"It's going to be a blast." Andy commented.

"Wait, can someone please explain this? I am beyond confused." Joel smiled. He counted down with his fingers. 3...2...1...

"CHARLIE, YOU ARE COMING ON TOUR WITH US."