Chapter 12- If I Didn't Have You

(Joel's pov) 

We decided  to go sightseeing. Lauren and Charlie wanted to see the Effiel Tower, so Ryan and I were forced to go. Charlie looked up at the immense building. I could tell she was scared to climb it. 

"Um, Lauren, why don't you, Ryan, and Joel go. I am scared." She started shake.

"Okay, let's go, boys. I'm in charge of you two." I can't leave her here.

"No, I'm staying with Charlie. I can't leave her. You two do this as a couple thing. Go ahead." Charlie stopped shaking as soon as I wrapped my arms around her torso. 

We sat down on the ground, under the tower.

"So, what's with you and heights? Any reason in particular you don't like them?"

"Well, when the fire started, I was forced to jump out of a window."

"I thought you said it started when you weren't home."

"Yeah, but I went in to try to save them. I got stuck in my parent's room and jumped out of a second story window. I haven't done anything related to heights since. No wait, I went on a ferris wheel with Andy, but that's not too bad." I smiled. Charlie was a fighter and I'm proud to see her keeping it up.

"Well, I would save you, too. I love you with every little itty bitty piece of my heart." I kissed her forehead. She snuggled up closer to me. 

"I love you, too, Joel. I really glad Avery found me. If I didn't have you, I don't think I'd be alive. Promise me this, you won't ever leave."

"I won't ever, ever leave you, Charlie. I love you too much. If I didn't have you, I'd still be with that cheating whore."

"No, Joel, don't say that. Yeah, she made a mistake, but we all do. Just think of Avery as the stepping stone of our relationship. If I didn't meet her, I would have never ever met and fallen for you." She looked up and smiled at me. 

"Charlie, let's go back to the hotel room. I'm going to run you a ho bath, while I get our room ready. It's going to be a special night." She smiled.

"Okay, I'll call Lauren and tell her that we will be at the hotel." She called Lauren and said that we can do so.

--------------------------------------------------------

(Charlie's pov) 

Joel is being super sweet. I love when this side of him comes out. We got up to the room. He went into the bathroom and started my bath water. 

"I have oddly enough brought some rose petals and candles along. Oops." He winked, causing me to smile my awkward smile. 

I got into the steaming bath water. The warmth felt like a million little kisses on my body. I loved taking baths. 

I finished up and told Joel I was coming out. He said 'okay' and I proceeded to get my clothes. I turned around to see something amazing.