Chapter 4- Crash My Party

(Charlie's pov)

I am excited about going out with Andy. I came home and went to get changed. Avery was home by now. 

"Wait, where were you guys?" I stopped walking.

"At the recording studio. Joel made me record on of my songs. I also am going out for drinks with Andy Brown." she smiled a mile wide.

"I have the perfect dress. Let me do your makeup and hair, too. I'm so proud of you, well excited." She got up and grabbed the dress. It was a teal, haltertop cocktail dress. It also had a black belt, so I could just slip on a pair of black flats.

"So what time is Andy picking you up?"

"About 8. Why?"

"Um I need to know how long I have to make you even more beautiful." I giggled, in that weird like nervous way. Yeah, I'm down right awkward. 

Avery sat me down in her room and took out a curling iron.  She also brought out a bag full of makeup. I swear the bag was the size of a carry-on bag. It wasn't long before Joel walked in.

"Aw, you look gorgeous. Avery, our little girl is growing up. She's going on her first date." I still never got why they called me 'their little girl'. I guess because they took me in and nursed me. 

"Okay, Joel. I know my makeup expertise is doing wonders on her face, but go wait for Andy." He left, mostly likely scared of what Avery might do. Their relationship was actually too adorable. 

After Avery finished, she got a mirror and let me see myself. For once in my life, I-I felt pretty. What a rarity! As soon as I got on my dress, Andy knocked. 

"Okay, listen, it will be fun. Don't be nervous. You two are so perfect for each other. Fly away, young grasshopper." I walked out into the living room. Andy wore a button-down dress shirt and wore it well. 

"Hello, Charlie. You look beautiful." I blushed.

"Ready to go?" Andy asked.

"Ready if you are." he took my hand, but Joel and Avery pulled us back.

"Okay, I don't want any 'just friends' shit or 'not ready for a relationship' bull. You two are going to be a perfect couple." Avery bluntly said.

"Have fun! Use protection." Joel yelled out the door. Great, I didn't even leave the house and was already embarrassed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Andy's pov) 

Charlie wasn't sexy or hot, she was beautiful. She's the type of girl that was perfect in everyway. 

"So, do you have a preference in music we listen to?" She shook her head.

"Just maybe not rap. This may sound weird for a European, but do you have any country?"

"Finally someone who likes country. I'll put in Hunter Hayes." She smiled and nodded her head. 

I decided to take her to my favorite, little pub in the middle of Liverpool. A perfect date destination, really. We walked in and got a table.

"So, Charlie, tell me a little about yourself." She set down her cocktail. I thought it was quite cute of her to drink something fruity and danity. 

"Well, I am a music junkie and I've always dreamt about being a musican, or well don't judge," I nodded letting her know to tell me "I wanted to be a lawyer. I guess I've always been sassy and never afraid to speak what I feel." She was really interesting. 

"I'm going to get another beer. Want another drink?"

"Sure. I'll come up so you don't have to have to carry two drinks." She was super sweet.

We walked up to the bar, a few drunks tried to hit on Charlie, so I harmlessly wrapped my arms around her and told her that I was just protecting her. The bartender popped her head back up from under the bar, and I heard Charlie gasp. 

"Charlie Carter? Is that you?" Charlie reached over the counter and hugged the girl.

"Oh sorry, Andy this is my best friend, Lauren Neal. Lauren, this is my well date Andy Brown."

"Well isn't he handsome." Oh god, a phrase I hear all too often. I guess I was blessed with beauty.

"Okay, enough flirting, he's mine. So is this where you are working now?"

"Yeah, actually I finished school and got a job here. And you know what? I met a guy here. His name is Adam Pitts. Such a sweetheart." Char and I both laughed.

"Adam is my bandmate. I'll have to torture him now. He did say something about how he met a beautiful girl." Yeah, no he didn't, but I still like to compliment people.

"Isn't that a coincidence? Well, I have to get back. Charlie, why don't you give me your cell. Or are you still on the streets?"

"No, actually another one of Andy's bandmates, Joel, and his fiance, Avery took me in under their wings. It's perfect."

"Well, I'll see you Charlie and nice meeting you, Andy."

"Bye, Lauren." We waved back to her.

"Sorry I kinda ignored you. Lauren is the one I wrote Change Your Life about. I haven't seen her since the day I lost my family." I still can't believe she's that strong, but she must be a fighter.

"It's okay, sweetie." Oh shit, no I didn't just call her that. Although, I saw her smile.

"I could get used to that name. Short, sweet, and to the point. I think I'll call you....baby. You are adorable like one." I chuckled. I loved her sense of humor. 

"I like that. So do you wanna ditch this place."

"Yes, it's getting boring. Let's take a walk."

"Mmm 'kay... but only if I can hold your hand." She giggled and agreed.

We walked around the little track around the park. I saw her shiver.

"Sweetie, do you want my jacket?" 

"Well, baby, yes. I underestimated how cold it was." I took it off and slid it on her slighty bony shoulders. You could tell at one point, she was starving. I love that she has the intgerity to climb back up from the streets. 

She shook my body. "Hey, Andy, look! It's a shooting star! Make a wish." I wish Charlie and I can be together forever. 

I pulled her in for a hug. She held me tightly. I can't help myself anymore, I gently grabbed her face and kissed her. 

I think I'm falling in love with a girl I've known for one day.