Two: Gone

Marlton
Marlton woke up to the terrifying beeping noise of a hospital and quickly pulled the purple and green tubes out of his hand. He then scrambled off the thin bed mattress and fell on to the floor.

"Aaaarghhhhhh," He screamed as he hit the floor, "ohhhhhhh. It's so dirtyyyyyyyy."
"Are you okay Marlton." His mum ran in and stared at her son on the floor.
"Pl-please get me off the fl-floor mum."
He hated any physical contact but hated germs more.
His mum reached out her arm and struggled to pull Marlton up. Even though he was skinny, Marlton was quite tall (6'3) and that added a lot of weight to him.

"Here." His mum passed him his old pair of glasses and Marlton noticed his mums arm was shaking.
"M-mum are you o-ok?" He stuttered and his mum rushed to the seat next to his bed.
"Sit down Marlton and try and get those tubes in your hand again." She suddenly looked ashen faced and started fumbling her fingers nervously.
"I can't."
His head was aching and Marlton started wishing he didn't pull those tubes out of his hands.
I need antibiotics, he thought.
A minute passed and she started to say the words Marlton hoped he would never hear.
"Your dad has had to go." His mum looked everywhere with her sad hazel eyes apart from Marlton.
She must be lying.
"W-what do you m-mean go?" His heart started beating faster.
"His boss accepted his works and he has gone."
No.
"G-gone?" Marlton couldn't believe what his mum was saying. He felt his head start to hurt even more.
"Yes." His mum, Rachel was trying hard to keep herself together.
"But he will be back soon?" Marlton said urgently.

Rachel just looked down and sat silently. She finally spoke breaking the tension.
"He won't be coming back anytime soon. Maybe a few years. You have to understand it was a good opportunity for him. Your dad could make some life changing discoveries, not for just us but for the whole world." His mum tried to convince Marlton his dad was doing the right thing but frankly she didn't even know if it was the right thing.
"No. You're l-lying. This cannot be true. I refuse to b-believe you." Marlton whined.
"I'm sorry."
Marlton just sat there shocked. The room was silent.
After a while he spoke.
"Does he hate us or something? What about saying goodbye!"
"No of course he doesn't hate you! He loves you. That's why he has gone. He had to go immediately."
"Ok."
"I'm sorry Marl."
"It's not your fault mum, stop saying sorry."
"I should've fought for him."
"We don't need him. I will help you around the house."
"Thank you."

His mum left miserably and Marlton sat staring at the walls hoping they wouldn't close in. He fell into a uncomfortable sleep and tossed and turned dreaming about the girl he'd saved.
Thank you for saving me.
Be careful Marlton. Saving me may have made you a victim.
He woke up to the door of his hospital room swinging up and down like someone had just left.
"What the hell." He sat up straight and felt something rubbing against his grey jeans. Marlton fumbled in his pocket and found a creased piece of paper.

Meet me in los huevos breakfast place on Sunday morning at 8.
Please.

Marlton read the message over and over and he realised it must be from the girl he saved.
How did she get in here without being noticed?
He didn't want to go but she sounded desperate.
"How are you feeling Marlton?" A nurse scurried in and said to Marlton.
"Oh um I'm o-ok." Marlton jumped and stuffed the paper in his pocket trying to answer as casually as possible.
"You just need some tests and if everything is clear, you'll be out by Sunday morning. You might even be out by Saturday evening but no promises. Also just incase you're a little confused, it's Friday." She chatted and Marlton felt uncomfortable, she was very close.
"Okay good to know I'll be out by Sunday."
"You also need a blood test." The nurse said and Marlton freaked out moving himself away from the nurse.
"It's fine I don't need one."
"Why, sir?" The nurse said while looking slightly annoyed.
"Because it's dirty. I don't want a ... N-needle in my arm and I don't want lots of people touching my arm." Marlton was quite a rude 17 year old and was very honest, a bit too honest sometimes.
"It's not dirty, sir. It has been cleaned multiple times."
"How do you know?"
"I cleaned it myself."
"Can I clean it?"
"Fine." The nurse sassily walked off and came back in with a needle sanitiser and Marlton cleaned it vigorously.
"So now is it ok?" The nurse talked to Marlton as if he was 5.
"No." Marlton answered bluntly.
"Why."
"I want to do the n-needle part."
"You can't."
"Well then I'm not having it."
"Fine, you can't tell anyone or I could lose my job. Understood? Do you know what to do?"
"Yes, who do you think I am."
Marlton put the needle into his arm and screamed.

"I hate hospitals." He mumbled to himself and watched the nurse walk away with a sample of his blood.
----------------------------------------------
Chapter two is done. Woop.
Thank you for reading!
I want to give credit to my best friend @CatchingNightRavens because she has helped me start this fanfiction and given me the confidence to post it so thank you. Check out her amazing story PLEASEEEEEE<3 she writes Misty and Marlton fanfic too!
See you next chapter.
TeenyVampire xx