Six: All Alone.

I would just like to say that this chapter is quite emotional. I want you warn readers because some may be upset by this. If you are upset just message me on wattpad and we can talk about it (only if you want to though).
TeenyVampire <3

Misty
Misty walked through the desolated fields with a vacant expression although on the inside her heart was pounding and she was screaming.
Her breathing started getting heavy and she collapsed beside a tree.
"They're gone. And I never got to say goodbye." Her light tears soon turned to sobs and she felt the most vulnerable she had ever felt.
"Mama! Papa!" She screamed but the answer she got was silence and the silence was deafening.
"I could of saved papa!"
"I could've said goodbye to mama!"
"I never should of run away."
She wailed and found herself getting up and running.
Misty ran and ran and ran for what seemed like ages. By the time she'd stopped and her legs were shaking with fatigue.
She climbed a tree hoping she would be safe up there away from the monsters and begged to herself it was all a nightmare. After many hours of trying to sleep she found herself drifting into a doze.
The next morning Misty woke up to the hard bark rubbing against her skin and she remembered her fate. She cried uncontrollably and suddenly heard something scratching at the tree. As she looked down dread swarmed her face. It was, it was, Misty didn't know what it was. But she knew it had killed her father the day before. Rage boiled in her skin and she climbed down the tree. She was face to face with the monster. For a moment they stared at each other but after that moment the monster was chasing after her.
Misty fumbled in her rucksack and got out a knife. She threw it and it hit the beast in the leg making it fall to the ground. But it was still alive crawling after her.
"What the fuck." She threw another knife and the creature finally stopped moving.
Misty knew she was probably safer here than the city but she knew she couldn't fight the monsters all by herself so she'd have to find other humans if she wanted to survive.
She was aiming for somewhere near California but she knew she wouldn't get that far.
So she walked
And walked.
Misty didn't stop either.
Each day she fought for her life. Without her knife throwing skill she knew she would have lost her life the day she first encountered them.
And each day there became more and more and more to fight.
Finally she stopped, in a little town called Hawthorne. It was at least a day away from California but Misty didn't care. She had no strength to go further, no goal. Whereas the monsters were getting stronger.
No point, she thought.
Can't carry on.
I give up.
Misty sat in a desolated park wondering where life had gone. Where were other humans?
The thought of her parents made her shrivel up into a ball and cry.
Suddenly Misty heard multiple noises from what she guessed were the creatures. They was getting closer.
Closer.
Closer.
Misty didn't care, she didn't want to fight anymore.
Closer.
Close enough to hear its breathing.

Suddenly she heard a gunshot and the monster fell to the ground. She then heard something running towards her.
The boy stared at her for a few seconds. Misty noticed that whatever was in front of her wasn't going to kill her and sighed. Wiping away her tears she looked up.
His bright green eyes squinted at Misty's tear stained face while cleaning his broken square framed glasses.
She remembered those eyes like she had seen them yesterday.
They looked at each other with recognition on their faces.
"I-I know yo-you." The boy stuttered nervously.
"No you don't," The girl he had once saved answered almost instantly, her voice wavering "No one knows me really, I don't know myself."
----------------------------------------------
SO!
FINALLY THEY ARE REUNITED!
Wooooooo.
But WHAT WILL HAPPEN?
Will they work together?
Who knows...
TeenyVampire<3