Three: Winning is my only option.

Abigail Briarton (Misty)
Misty swung her backpack over her shoulders and left the dingy garage she called home.
"Bye." She mumbled to nobody and shut the garage quietly hoping no one would see her.
She then walked to the train station and jumped through the ticket gate unnoticed.

After about half an hour Misty found herself standing in a field full of targets and in front of her a sign that read:
Knife throwing competition. Winner walks away with $100,000 in cash. :)

"Booyah." She smiled to herself. So much training for this day. If she won, everything would be so much easier. She wouldn't have to run and could rent a nice hotel room and live more comfortably.

For the last three years Misty had been living by herself training to be a professional knife thrower. She had left one stormy night at the age of 14 without saying goodbye to her parents. She dragged guilt from that but as the years passed, Misty learnt to shut her old life out.

The real problem started when Misty had stolen money from a man she knew when she was very desperate and although at the time she had seen it as borrowing money... he did not.
Misty took more than $30,000 from him and he never forgot. One thing that worried her was that this man would do anything to get to her, even if it was to hurt everyone she knew. She had seen what lengths they would go to, the boy that saved her payed the price for that and now he was lying in hospital. Misty hoped he would be better by Sunday morning to meet her.
Would he even come?

One reason why she never went home was because of the man she had stolen money from. Her parents wouldn't ever be safe if she was around. He would use them against her.

Misty ran place to place, hiding and changing where she lived. But as she ran she taught herself to be very good at knife throwing and found that she could make a lot of money from it. In the last few years she had been living off the money she had been making from knife throwing.
Although, it wasn't enough to live comfortably but if she won today her life would be so much better. Maybe she could return to her home.

Someone pushed past Misty and she snapped out of her daydream about what she would do with the money.
"Everyone signing up please do it now." A man with a microphone said and she ran into the line.
She waited impatiently and finally got to the front.
"Name?" The man that had spoke earlier said.
"Ab- No. Misty."
"Okay... Misty." He looked her up and down with a sly smile and she gave him a repulsive look. She was used to men hitting on her and learnt to just ignore them.

Misty walked into the field after signing up and picked up a Bowie Knife. She stood about seven metres away from the target.
Next to her in a line were ten other contestants. Some were tall, some were short. Some looked ten times stronger than her. But she wasn't worried. Misty was determined to win because if she didn't... Where did that leave her?

"Bring it on, bitches." Misty said confidently and the girl next to her sniggered.
----------------------------------------------
Hey guysssss!
Sorry this chapter is kinda short. It's because I'm gonna write another chapter sooner than usual.
I hope you like the story so far!
TeenyVampire xx