Close call.

"This place is d-disgusting." Marlton whined and looked around alert.
No zombies to be seen.
"Okay so I need to come up with a plan." Marlton rustled in his small bag for a notepad and pen.
"Is there any back d-doors in this place?" He asked himself and found one a few minutes later.
He immediately started writing.
Distract zombies by rounding them to the east of the building. Then run to the west of the building to the back door and flee.
This was his plan. Pretty simple for
Marlton but he was aware the zombies could be busting in at any moment.

Everything was going as planned. He went back outside (shaking with fear) and led them all into the building. They were running, screeching. This was the first time Marlton got to see them properly. Their peeling flesh and eyeballs that stared left, right, any direction scared Marlton the most.
It also made him sad, they were people before. There life was taken away from them in the worst way possible.
Some zombies were nearing next to Marlton. They were faster than he remembered.

Marlton reached east of the building and ran up some stairs and shut the gate behind him. He ran and got about 30 metres ahead, then the zombies broke down the gate and proceeded to clamber towards him. They got faster every desperate second that passed. Marlton neared the back door and abruptly stopped. A glimpse of Misty's red checkered shirt shot across his sight in the right corner of the room, up a few stairs. Did he just see what he thought he saw?
The zombies are close but if I run now, I might be able to get to where I may have seen Misty.
It was dangerous and could cost him his life but if he didn't do this then Misty could pay the price.
"Here goes everything." Marlton ran as fast as he could. When he reached the stairs, zombies were almost close enough for him to feel their breath (that was if they were to be breathing, which they obviously weren't because they're not alive).
He jumped over the stair railings and crawled up the stairs; he was too scared to run, his legs were shaking too much. A zombie grabbed onto his foot and flashed it's yellow, broken teeth. Marlton kicked it in the face but it got right back up again. He has no choice but to stand up. With all his strength he pulled a part of the metal railing off and used it as a weapon.
But it was too much.
There were too many zombies.
He couldn't cope.
No.
He had to try.
For Misty.

So he carried on fighting the zombies. Marlton was doing it. Eventually he was able to get enough off him so he could sprint through the dark doorway and shut the big metal door behind him.
He leant against the door and slowly dropped to the floor.
"S-so t-tired." He whimpered.

Loud voices and the sound of a girl struggling alarmed Marlton to get up.
"Misty!" He shouted and ran into the room next door.
The room was flooded with lights and for a second Marlton was blinded. The dots in front of him soon turned into dark figures and then silhouettes.

Then they were people staring right at him.