Eight: Amnesia.

Marlton really liked Misty. He tried to block his feelings out though. He thought that maybe he loved her as a friend. That was okay.
But he wondered if it was more than friendship because each long day of fighting passed and the thing that kept him going was knowing Misty was there. If she wasn't there then, what was the point? What was he fighting for?
His mother was safe (from what he knew) and he never had any siblings to look out for.
Marlton hadn't heard anything from his dad, so he had to assume he was killed the day he got the urgent call from him.
In a nutshell, Misty was keeping him alive. Mentally (sane) and physically (halving the amount of zombies he had to kill). It was only until one day she was gone when Marlton realised what type of love he was feeling for her:

"Misty?" Marlton clambered off of the thin mattress on the floor and looked around. Where had Misty gone? She wouldn't have left without telling him, would she?
He looked in the smeared mirror and gasped. He had a black eye.
How did I not notice? He thought to himself. How did it get there?
"Misty!" He called out in desperation, like a child calling it's mother.
"MISTY!" The only response he got was scratching, scratching, scratching on the boarded up windows. Zombies.
In his own freaking out moment, he'd forgotten the zombies outside.
And then he realised... He'd forgotten more than that, he couldn't remember any of the night before. It was like he had amnesia. He hated the feeling of not knowing.
The only thing he could remember was the piercing sound of screaming.
Misty screaming.
---------------------------------------------
Very short chapter, yes BUT I am back. Finally.
I was finding it hard to write and after the few months of writing detox I feel I can bring the readers of this story (if there are any) a better story.
If you're still here reading my story THANK YOU for being so patient. I love you.
TeenyVampire xx

PS- has anyone got any book recommendations for me to read?
Also I'm open for any ideas for this story. I want to know what people want!!