Thirteen: Intelligence.

They stared at Marlton in anger. A girl trembling, curled up in the corner looked like Misty. But he couldn't see her face.
"Who are you?" A tall, bulky man growled at him.
I am no match for him... If he were to fight me I would be down in seconds.
Argh.
"WHO ARE YOU." The man screamed and Marlton jumped in shock.
"Are you the Martin guy? The one Misty has been screaming for in her sleep the last few hours?" The man flashed a silver blade from his pocket.
Marlton blushed madly. He suddenly felt a roar of confidence. The comment about Misty made him feel special.
"Yep, my name is Martin. Martin Joanason." He almost laughed at himself.
"If you think you can have Misty, you're wrong. Don't think of trying to get her. It's four against one. Actually, I'm not sure if you count as one. You're so scrawny I think you're half." All of the men laughed. Misty stirred in her sleep. The attention went to her.

I may be no match for the man physically, but let's see who wins mentally.
With no stutter he started to recite all the hardest mathematical phrases he knew and all the things he knew about space, (which was his favourite subject) he talked about wormholes, exploding stars, anything, anything he knew. He did this for about two minutes and all the men stared at him in dismay.
"What are you playing at." The man said, irritated.
"Nothing." Marlton smirked.
"Get him Joan." The other three men said. The big scary man had a name now, Joan.
They seemed to be bored by Marlton. One of them walked towards Marlton and lifted his arm to punch him. Joan immediately stopped him, twisting the mans arm back into a position that an arm shouldn't go.
Joan came so close to Marlton their noses nearly touched and he stared at him. He towered over him even though Marlton was 6"3. Close enough to the man Marlton could see scars all over his face.
How can a human be so tall, Marlton thought.
"Save this one. We might need him. Seeing as you three are as thick as bricks." Joan said. The three men did not laugh this time so Marlton knew he was safe for at least a bit.
"Do you know how to get out of here, Martin?" Joan walked over to a door on the other side of the room and fiddled with the handle.
"C-can't you try and kick it o-open?" He asked, doubtful.
"No. Already tried. Whatever it's made out of is really strong. There's no way I can open it."
Marlton was feeling less confident. The dozen zombies scratching on the opposite door felt everlasting.
Tick tick tick. Time ticked on and Marlton knew the door wouldn't hold for much longer.
He looked at Misty on the floor, he hadn't noticed it before but her leg was bleeding. Heavily. How did he not notice? He rushed to her and checked it out.
"What h-have you done to her?!" He screamed.
"I said, LEAVE HER ALONE." Joan picked him up by the neck and they faced each other once more. He was strangling Marlton. His face had gone a crimson colour and his eyes were almost popping out of the sockets.

Suddenly the door burst open.
Marlton was dropped and he fell next to bleeding Misty. He could only hear the muffled screams of what he guessed were zombies running towards them.
This is the end.
At least I get to
die next to Misty.

----------------------------------------------
Hi!! I'M BACK!!
Thank you so much again for 1K. I love you guys :) I never thought I would get this many views and responses from people. It's really amazing 😊thank you
TV xx
New chapters every few weeks from now on.