Chapter 7: Pinky Promise?

Savannah's POV

I looked around the frozen yogurt shop until my eyes settled on one person, Caleb. His brown hair was messy and he was wearing a dark blue flannel, dark blue jeans, and some gray Vans. He walked towards me with a huge smile.

"Hey, Savannah." he greeted me. The minute he saw my sad face, he frowned. "Is everything alright?"

I sighed at him and we settled down in some white plastic chairs. "No, Caleb. The playboy is going after my best friend." I explained, as I twirled my hair.

"What's wrong with that?" he asked, patiently waiting for an answer. "I have seen how he breaks girls hearts. I don't want her to be hurt." I explained to him. I looked at Caleb's face and he looked thoughtful.

"Maybe, they both love each other. I mean best friends fall for each other in cliché stories." he responded with a serious expression. I couldn't stay serious, so I ended up laughing. He always makes me laugh, without intending to do it.

He frowned at me, obviously confused. "I'm laughing because you mention cliché." I continued to laugh hard. He curved his mouth in a perfect 'o', as he realized why I was laughing.

"Let's stop talking about this and eat some frozen yogurt!" he exclaimed with excitement in his eyes. I quickly followed him to the frozen yogurt machines and stood there in awe.

There we so many flavors to choose! There was chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, blueberry, peppermint, cappuccino, and so much more! I took a plastic rainbow cup and got some snickerdoodle, peppermint, and chocolate frozen yogurt. I went over to the topping station and topped my frozen yogurt concoction with strawberries, candy gummy worms, mangos, mochi, rainbow sprinkles, and chocolate syrup. Go big or go home!

I went over to the cashier and payed for my frozen yogurt. I sat down in a plastic white chair and began to eat my delicious frozen yogurt, called heaven. Caleb sat in front of me with his own frozen yogurt concoction.

I leaned over the table to peek at his cup. It was chocolate frozen yogurt with peanuts, almonds, chocolate and caramel syrup, chocolate sprinkles and chips, brownie bits, and M&M's candy. I nearly drooled from the sight of it. In case you didn't know, I have a huge sweet tooth.

When he saw me looking at his cup, he pulled it away from my grasp and started laughing. "You have your own!" he exclaimed, as he continued to laugh. I pouted at him, but he showed me no mercy! I ended up eating my own frozen yogurt and savored every single bite.

We finished our dessert and headed outside. The cold weather welcomed us warmly. How ironic! Noah looked at me and smiled. "How's your wrist?" he asked, as he looked at my arm with worry. "It's getting better and my scar from the fire is still visible." I responded with a reassuring smile. I lifted up my jacket and showed him my cast and scar.

He held my arm and looked at it carefully. He finally looked away and into my eyes. "I hope you get better, Savannah." he said with a warm smile. I sighed at him, wishing my wrist can get better soon. "I hope so too so I can stop dreaming of the fire." I responded with a sad smile.

Sometimes, I can't believe this happened to me. I should be thankful, I guess. At least, I didn't die. He pulled away from me and looked at the Christmas tree. "Does Mackenzie ever talk about me?" he asked with curiosity. His question definitely caught me off-guard so it took me a couple of minutes to respond.

"Um, not really."

"Oh, just forget I asked. I'll see you later, Savannah."

He walked away from me and towards the Christmas tree. I guess he needs some time alone, considering the rejection of Mackenzie.

I decided to just walk home. I wasn't having any fun, anyway. I walked past the shops until I bumped into someone.

He smiled at me, as he ran a hand through his hair. "Hey, my sugar angel." I rolled my eyes at him. I'm still quite mad at him for playing with Mackenzie's heart. "What do you want?" I scoffed at him with venom. He put up his hands in surrender, as if he was an innocent sweet boy. He is anything, but innocent!

"I just came to check up on you. Are you alright?"

"No and I would be if you leave my friend and I alone!"

"Savvy."

"Griffin!"

We started bantering until I had enough of him. "Griffin, just stop playing with my friend's heart. You're leading her on." I explained to him. He looked at me with a spark in his eyes. "What if I do like her?" he asked, as he wiggled his eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes at him. "I saw you flirting with that red-headed girl. I bet you can't date one girl for an entire month!" I challenged him, but he just smiled at me.

"Date me, Savvy, I dare you." he challenged back with a mischievous look in his eyes. I would never date Griffin, in a million years. If I did, I would be some crazy girl!

"I would never. Plus, I am way out of your league." I said with a smirk. He nodded with a smirk plastered on his face. "You sure are. I am way too hot for you." He continued to smirk at me, thinking he won this little challenge. Griffin and his ego is so sickening!

"Goodbye, my little cookie." I smiled at the nickname, I had given him. His eyes widened in terror at the mention of his nickname. Apparently, he doesn't like to be called little nor cookie. I began to walk away and I knew that I had won this challenge.

I felt someone grab my wrist, that wasn't hurt, and turned around. "Need a ride, my sugar angel?" he asked with a charming smile. I do need a ride because I did not want to walk in the cold weather. "Sure, my little cookie." I responded with a smirk.

We walked together to his red Lamborghini and he opened the car door for me. I sat in the passenger seat, as Griffin took the driver's seat. He began to drive towards my house.

I looked at him with wide eyes. "Promise me, you'll stop playing with my friend's heart?" I asked with wide eyes and took out my hand with my pinky. He looked at it hesitantly, as he drove. When we stopped at a red light, he intertwined our pinkies together. "I promise, my sugar angel." he grinned at me and took his pinky finger away.

Author's Note: I hope you like this chapter!

Please comment or vote! Thanks!

Now, I got hungry for some frozen yogurt, as I wrote this. Did you?

If you can make covers or banners, message me for more information.

sourpatchkidmaddie <3