Chapter 9~ the birthday(part 2)

Where we left off...

Emily's POV

When I was done getting ready... I unplugged my iPhone and headed downstairs when-- of course this has to be on my birthday.

"MOM,DAD ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW?!" I said trying to get them to stop yelling.

"What are you talking about honey? We are fine!" My mom said acting like nothing is wrong.

"Really?! Are you guys really hoping that I buy all that crap?!" I said letting it all come out.

"What are you talking about?!" Dad said making me not worry.

"What?! Like last night was nothing?! All the yelling and screaming?! Oh my god! Do you not see what is happening to you 2?! You guys are falling apart! WHY?!! Why are you guys making my life so horrible?! You know what today is?!" I said starting to cry.

"Yes Em of course we do!" Mom said trying to calm me down.

"Really?! Well I can tell that I am not wanted here so I'm gonna go. See you guys later." I said grabbing my bag and slamming the door behind me when I just broke down into tears.

H-Hayes
E-Emily

E-hey where are you? I need to see you.
H- hey at home. What's wrong?!😟 you okay?
E-no😭 can we meet?
H- of course babe! Where?
E- park
H- ok babe I'm coming now! Be there in 2 mins!❤️😘

I locked my phone and walked to the swing set and started swinging until Hayes got here. When he saw me he called my name and I ran to him I was just. He was the only person that I wanted to see.

"Babe! What's wrong?! Oh my god you have been crying!" He said picking me up off the ground and not letting go.

"I don't know. I don't know what's even going on--" I said crying my eyes out.

"Babe we don't have to talk about it now just stay here with me I'm here! And I'm not going anywhere!" He said making me feel better.

I finally stopped crying and it's been 30 minutes since I called Hayes. I just don't know what to say... I just really feel safe and that he is protecting me from everything. I have to tell him on what's going on. I sat up from his chest and needed to tell him what happened.

"Ok. I think that I'm ready to talk now." I said wiping the tears from my cheeks.

"Ok." He said sitting up ready to listen and help me through it.

"I cought my parents fighting again and it was bad." I said looking at Hayes waiting for me to cry again.

"Oh my god babe I'm so sorry. What happened?" He said starting to hug me.

"Idk what they were fighting about but it was really bad. When I was going downstairs, I heard them fighting and yelling and I just ran down the stairs, I couldn't take it anymore and I told them to stop fighting and if they even remembered what day it was." I said starting to cry again.

"And? What did they say?" He said wiping the tear from my cheek.

"That it was trash day." I broke into tears. I just let it out. Hayes thank god didn't care about my melt down moment.

"I'm so sorry babe!! They are just really distracted rn and maybe it's something serious. Just give them time. That's what is happening to me. We will get through it together... Ok?" He said as he started to cry too.

"Okay." I said sitting there in his arms crying.

Hayes POV

"Hey babe, I know that there is a lot of stuff going on but. Would you still want to go to dinner with me??" I said trying to get her to stop thinking about it.

" of course! I totally forgot sorry! Well. What time is it?" She asked me while I checked my phone.

"4:45... We can still make it! Come on!" I said picking her off the ground and off we go to the restaurant.

Emily's POV
Tonight was just perfect! Besides the parents fighting but that doesn't matter now. I'm in my fav restaurant with my fav boyfriend. Tonight can not get any better.

"Hey you ready to go?" He asked me as he grabbed my jacket.

"Yeah." I said hugging him and thanking him for dinner on the way out.

"Hey I have a crazy idea..." He said kissing me cheek.

"And what may that be?" I asked him all cute.

"Why don't you just spend the night at my house tonight? Worry about family tomorrow or the next day." He said with a huge smile on his face.

"There is no place I'd rather be." I said kissing his lips.

When we got back to his house all we did was talk and look into each others eyes and talk about stuff that we didn't know that we could. It was nice to have Hayes in my life and know that he would be here for every heartache. I fell asleep in his arms knowing that he is still a keeper. And wondering how many other things he is going to rescue me from.