chapter 21

EMILYS POV

today is the day that I have to talk to Hayes. I have to do it. I can't wait anymore, it's killing me! I have to have to tell him today. I texted him to see if we could do something today.

h=Hayes
e= Emily

e- hey babe wanna go do something today??
h- hey babe and sure babe❤️❤️ what did you have in mind?
e- um... let's just go to the park... that ok?
h- yea. sounds good. will pick you up in an hour?
e- sounds good❤️
h- ok love you😘
e- love you 2💋

after I got done talking to Hayes I had to get ready so I did my normal/usual routine. today I decided to go with just mascara and for the outfit... I went with Jean shorts, black vans.... and my magcon shirt. I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs to of course seeing my parents fighting and hearing them yelling. so I just went back upstairs and scrolled throu Twitter and Instagram and watching YouNow until Hayes texted me.

"mom, dad I'm leaving be back in a little bit..." I said trying to get passed them.

"wait! where are you going?!" dad said yelling.

" I'm going to the park with Hayes just for a couple hours..." I said quietly.

"ok fine just we will have our discussion when you get back.,." my mom said trying to calm down.

"ok? see-- ouch!" I said and got interrupted as my dad threw a lamp against the wall and the glass cut my arm a little.

"bye." I said walking out the door and holding my arm.

"BABE?! ARE YOU OK?! WHAT HAPPENED?!" Hayes said as I got in the car.

"let's just go. my dad threw a lamp against the wall and the glass got me. no big deal..." I said to Hayes trying to keep him calm.

" babe! that is not ok. did he know that you were there when he threw it?"Hayes said as he was pulling out of my driveway.

"i don't know actually I hope not he heard me say ow but then just looked away and went in the other room..." I said  as Hayes started driving.

"he didn't even say anything?" he said as he turned the music down.

"no he just looked at me and then walked into the other room... babe it's fine really I'm okay." I said to Hayes hoping that he will be ok knowing that I'm ok.

"I know you are but still that's still not ok." he said as we stopped at the stop sign.

"I know. let's just get on with the day ok? I don't wanna think about it anymore." I said to him as we were pulling into a parking spot at the park.

"ok. let's go." he said as we got out of the car.

Hayes and I just spent pretty much the whole day just talking, laughing and just bonding more and getting closer to each other. Now I know that I can't stay away from him anymore. I know that I am safe with him... he won't throw things at me, yell at me, or ignore me. he listens to me and let's me say what I need to say without judging me.

It was around 5 already, and I had to go home cause my parents wanted to talk to me. I told Hayes and we got up and held hands all the way to the car. when we got driving we still talked and of course I knew and he knew that there was gonna be more yelling when I get home so he just kept making me laugh.

"ok babe I love you so much call me or text me if you want me to come rescue you..." he said as he was pulling up into my driveway.

"ok I love you too and I promise I will" I said as he got out of his car by walking me to my door and he kissed me and gave me a huge hug and then left.

when he left the house was quiet until of course I walked in the door and all I heard was yelling.

"mom dad I'm home!" I yelled up the stairs.

"ok sweetie we need to talk to you give us a second." my mom said to me yelling back at me.

"honey we need to talk... you can't stay here with Charlotte. we know that you will be safe we just need you in our lives where or with whoever you pick to live with..." my mom said to me knowing that I'm pisssed.

"mom! I love Hayes! I can't leave him here! I have to stay! I'm gonna stay! I'm done trying to make you understand! if you have a problem with it then you can come talk to me at Hayes' I'm staying there for now!" I said yelling and storming upstairs and gathering my stuff.

H=Hayes
E= Emily

e- hey babe come get me?
h- of course babe you ok?
e- do you mind if I come stay with you for a while?
h- of course not I will be over in 5
e- ok hurry I can't take being in this house for another minute
h- ok I'm leaving now
e- ok thanks babe
h- of course❤️
e-❤️

when I finished packing my stuff... I just stayed upstairs and locked myself in my room until Hayes got here. when I got the text that he was here... I went downstairs.

"EMILY THORNE!!! WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING?!?!" my mom an dad both said as I was walking out the door.

"I'm going to stay with Hayes until you guys can get it through your head that I'm staying here with Charlotte and Hayes and until you guys can get a grip of yourselfs!!" I said yelling and slammed the door behind me as I started to cry.

"babe calm down you ok?" he said as I got into the car and as he wiped the tear from my cheek.

" yea lets just go ok?" I said as he started to drive.

I don't want to be around my parents right now I can't.they want me to be this shield during their fights or whatever but even the one protecting gets wounded especially when your fragile like me. I just know that I dot have to put my shield up around Hayes.