Chapter 1

'Then Peeta's there looking handsome in red and white, pulling me off to the side. "I hardly get to see you. Haymitch seems bent on keeping us apart."'

My eyes flutter down, and I feel a small blush creep across my cheeks. Maybe I do like him...maybe. "I agree, Haymitch has been a very responsible adult lately, which is absolutely not the Haymitch we know. I believe the games changed him." I smirk.

Peeta grins, reaching for my hand. I let him take it, although I try to refuse but I like it there...there I said it. With all worry about home and what comes after the games, Peeta seems to be the only one who can keep me sane. "Just think, there's this and then we're done. We can go home and Haymitch can't be able to restrict us all the time."

Light jitters run through my stomach...nervousness maybe, but I don't give it a second thought. When Peeta mentions home my stomach swirls and I curl up in excitement and dread. Even though I've been dreaming of the day I'd get home, I'm unaware how I will approach things, get back to life even, after this. As I'm not sure I will be able to, all I know is that Peeta will make sure that I try and go back to normal and I thank God for that.

Before I can reply, Haymitch and the camera crew give us a wave in order to get us going to the interview. Peeta's hand still clutched beneath mine, I realize it's the exact same love seat that we had in yesterday's televised event. Peeta seems to tremble a little bit, fidgeting as he plops himself down in the seat and my eyes instantly fall down to his leg. "Peeta?" My voice croaks.

He follows my gaze and shakes his head, "Katniss, down," Haymitch's tough voice instructs me down next to Peeta, but all I can think is how he struggled with his leg...I'd never seen him with that problem until now...maybe it was the surgery, probably added some sort of medicine, and with surgery comes pain, so I tried to brush my thoughts away.

As I tried though, Peeta must've noticed the concern dancing around in my eyes, when our eyes locked though, I noticed he too had something collected in his eyes I was unable to unveil. He pulls his hands to my face, holding it gently as he whispers ever so calmly, "It's okay, always, right?" His lips meet over mine, just lightly and as we kissed only for a moment it felt as though it were just us, only Peeta and I. When the awes and sighs escaped out into the air around us, we pulled back, remembering this was it and we were done with the Capitol for at least a few months, then it would truly just be us two.

My fingers drifted around the back of his neck, our foreheads still pressed together,"Always," I reply. After a few moments I rolled my eyes at Peeta, directing him to the waiting cameras and he let out a light huff.

When we pull apart, Caesar is lightly dabbing his soggy eyes with a handkerchief which of course is matching his outfit of blue for the year. I realize that the whole time, Peeta and I unaware, that the cameras were on.

My cheeks go bright red, and I feel Peeta's strong arms wrap around my shoulders and I curl in next to him, my head settling on his chest, the only home I have known for the past couple of weeks.

Caesar pulls himself together and begins with the questions, and as much as I can I direct the conversation towards Peeta. Of course I have to answer many times, but it's Peeta who answers a majority of the questions. By an hour later, the questions become more meaningful and deep, and just as I feel like I'm choking on my own air, Caesar begins speaking towards me, "Katniss, I assure you everyone absolutely adored watching you fall in love with Peeta. When exactly did you discover you truly loved him?"

My saliva seems to stop in my throat, and I look up towards Peeta, my eyes meeting his light blue oceans. " Oh, well when I first saw Peeta with the Careers, I actually thought he was against me and with them," my voice flexed as I felt the horrible memory slide up my throat. "But I knew he loved me, always had supposedly," I grinned, lightly poking him with the tip of my finger in his stomach. "But when I heard the announcement for there to be two victors I felt that same love he feels for me struck against me, and from then on my biggest fear was loosing him."

"So now that you've got me safe and sound, what are you going to do with me?" Peeta smirked down at me, and I glanced up at his face, my head still resting softly on his chest.

"I'm going to lock you up somewhere and keep you safe from now on, just you and me," I turned back to Caesar, and I must've said that too sweetly because tears were forming in his eyes once again.

Before I knew it though, Caesar was leading the conclusion of the show, directing us as we waved off. We were done!

"Phenomenal job you two! I can't wait til next time!" Caesar hopped up, walking toward us a he hugged me, then shook with Peeta. "What the heck!" Caesar grinned at Peeta before pulling him into a huge hug.

Haymitch came over to my side, pulling me into a hug...thank goodness. For some reason I felt a tear ready to fall from my eyes, but I had to push it back I can't cry. Not for no apparent reason, although there was one. Home.

I pulled back, slipping from his embrace. Cinna had slipped me into heels somehow before. Even though they were considered short, 3.5" they were driving my feet crazy. As I left, I took them from my feet, dropping them on the cold cement. I was by myself, I had left everyone behind in that room, even Peeta, I didn't want him to see me cry.

It was having to face home, face my mother, Prim, Gale, everyone. It all seemed too overwhelming for me, and now it was just taking its toll on me. A tear slipped from my eyes and I was quick to wipe it away; but as I did, another followed, then another and constantly the tears piled out until I crashed, my eyes literally bawling. Now I didn't even try to wipe them away, I just managed to find my way through the dark underground tunnel. It was made of hard concrete, cold and beneath the city, and I followed the arrows pasted on the walls.

Up ahead I spotted a door, and began jogging toward it, my frilly pink dress rumbling beneath me and as my hands wrapped around the knob. "KATNISS!" A voice echoed down the halls, and it only recognized as Peeta's.

He couldn't see me like this, not at all. My fingers tried to wipe away the evidence of water, but now they fell harder, I was going crazy. The door wouldn't budge it was locked! I kicked it, forgetting I wasn't wearing any shoes, and my feet stung as it was hit at the door.

His shadow appeared, then him, as he sprinted over to me. I stayed facing the door hiding my face before he stood behind me. "Katniss? What's wrong?" Worry coated his words, and I wiped my eyes.

I turned around, revealing my tears, "How will we do it when we get home; face everyone?" My voice moaned, and he rushed to my side, pulling me into him and I wrapped my arms over around his neck. The warmth of him radiated off onto me as clutched onto the collar of his suit. My face was buried in his chest, and he lightly planted kisses all around my head.

"We'll do it together." He whispered, bringing me to his lips.

A/N: What did you guys think? I really enjoyed writing this piece and look forward to continuing it! I'd love to hear all your thoughts and ideas, please spread the word of this fan fiction if you enjoy it'd really help! Thankyou so much:)

May the odds be ever in your favor

>-->--------------------------->