20. You wish

All along this book, I said it, and said it again.

We have to work for the things we want, to get what we want, not only because it's hard to get what we always wanted, but also because it feels so much better to get something you worked for, because you will feel like you deserve it.

And you will deserve it.

I've always had big dreams, wishes, and just like for my weight, I was obviously not willing to do the right things to realize them. I was probably not ready to see myself change and feel like I don't like what I became, feel disappointed of how realizing my dreams turned out.

The truth is, I'm scared.
I want to change myself so bad but I'm also scared of how I will look, how I will be, not only in others eyes but mostly in my own eyes.

I've always wanted to make people proud, to make people see me, because I saw them.

I'm not the kind of girl who would criticize someone because of their looks in the street, but I'm the kind of girl who would see a girl in the street and think « wow she's so beautiful » « her clothes are so cool though » « her hair looks amazing », but I just feel like so many people give hate for free to every stranger they will meet because of something as unimportant as the look, as a haircut, as a cloth.

It's just the way people are, you can either see something you like or something you dislike but some people are actually giving way too much sh*t to people they know nothing about for petty things.

We can't really know how changing something about ourselves will be seen in others eyes because people's reactions are unpredictable, or maybe they are.

Maybe we know that they will always criticize us, over and over again for insignificant things and that's why we can be so scared to achieve what has been on our minds for so long.

Maybe we don't want to be an easy target of the usual rumours and remarks?

Or maybe we're just lacking motivation and confidence?

Either way, we should do what we want for OURselves and not for people who know nothing about us but our names, our colour of hair and maybe our age.

We shouldn't waste time, feelings, and even tears on people who aren't worth it.

If you want to do something then do it, if you want to be something then be it, if you want to realize your dreams then be patient but do what it takes to realize them because we only have one life, and we shouldn't wait for things to happen when we are able to make them happen.

We shouldn't waste our time on the wrong people when we can focus on people we care about and who care about us, on people who are there to support us.

If they are focused on your life, on your success or your failures, on your flaws and your personality, it's their problem.

They are missing a life, but it's not a reason for you to miss yours.

We all have our flaws but we are not our flaws.

We all have failed at some point, but we shouldn't let these failures keep us from moving on.

We have a life, we have the opportunities we need to make it what we want it to be, so we have to take them and be the person we want to be, not the person they want us to become.