12. Fat jokes

I think I might have a list of all the names I got called in my short life, I'm not going to talk about all of them because I'm actually pretty tired about all of this (and of my classes from today) but I will try to talk about some of them.

So. The fat jokes, I don't even know why people still call these "jokes" because they are clearly not funny, not just the fat jokes but the body shaming in general.

It started in my family, with my brothers calling me little cow, and one of them was even imitating one when he saw me.

Again, it was not funny, but it seemed to be pretty funny in his opinion so whatever.

They were also calling me « scarface » because I'm ugly apparently, they were calling me fat, the basics, and so many different things I actually lost the count.

But my house was not the only place when I got called names, school was a pretty good place to make kids get more and more imagination, they were calling me pregnant girl, the girl who got surgery, "Silicone Valley", the girl who will roll or sit on them if they made me upset. Pretty funny.

I don't think people understand how words can change our own opinion about ourselves.

I used to think that they had no reason to call me these things if it was not true, that it was probably how I looked but no, people shouldn't talk this way about each others because words hurt.

If someone is going to call me « king-kong » like this guy in highschool I'm not going to laugh with him so cut the jokes because it's not funny, actually, the chance for me to end up breaking down crying after school are more than high.

But people don't seem to understand that somethings are not supposed to be used in their little jokes, that someone's body, flaws, are not a funny subject because they might be insecure about this, so being ignorant and making fun of this is making it worse.

I saw so many people hurt themselves because of this and it's sickening, because nobody seem to understand where all of this self harming thing is coming from, nobody seem to learn from their/ or someone else's mistakes.

They keep hurting mentally people acting like they don't know how they could react and then they play dumb when someone the person they were insulting/making fun of ended up in the hospital, acting like they liked this person because this and that.

That's what I hate about people, they don't learn from their mistakes and when they are in front of them they just act like it's not their fault, like they didn't know about anything.

Hypocrite much ?