VI.

Kehlani Rose

"Mommy, you okay?!" Pharaoh ran to my side.

I coughed, trying to catch my breath. "Mommy is fine baby. Go to your room, okay." I kissed his cheek.

I looked over at the stairs and saw Pooh standing there staring at me. She had never seen Odell act like that, especially towards me. So I'm sure she's in shock.

"Pooh, mommy is fine. Go watch your brother." I said.

She stood there for a few more seconds before turning around and running up the stairs. I couldn't stop coughing and it was even worse because I was crying. My friend Drayah came to my side.

"I'm fine.." I coughed.

"You're sitting here damn near ready to cough up a lung! He had you dangling in the fucking air by your neck! You are not fine!" She helped me up.

"Can you go check on my babies? Please." I asked her.

"Yeah, I got you." She said.
I finally stopped coughing and I calmed down but I kept crying. I heard heavy footsteps coming down the stairs. He stopped walking to the door, turned around and stared at me.

"I'm....Nevermind." He stopped. "You don't deserve a fucking apology.." He turned to walk away.

"Odell you act like you're a fucking saint!! You know that? You cheated on me for two years! Two fucking years! I cheat on you once and you act like it's world war three!!" I stood up and yelled.

"You fucked my nigga!! You fucked somebody that was like family to me! He's like your kids uncle!! How the fuck could you do that?! What'd you think, I wasn't gon find out?!" He yelled back.

"Baby I understand he was like your brother but what the fuck!! Did I come in the house and start choking you?! No. I left but I ended up forgiving you and going right back to you! Don't walk around here like I'm the bad guy when it's your fault why all of this happened.." I yelled.

"How is you fucking my brother my fault?!" He dropped his bag.

"Because you left me!!!...you left me Odell. You promised you would never leave me, you just had to kill him in the fucking 7/11 parking lot!!. I was on the verge of depression, seeing you in handcuffs was killing me! Knowing that when I left that prison, and you wouldn't be coming with me...it killed me. I needed something to get my mind off of it but It made me feel worst. I am so sorry. It only happened one time and I swear it never happened again! and it's never going to happen again." I explained.

I broke down crying all over again, I really didn't mean to cheat with him. He had came over to check up on us and it just happened. It only made me miss Odell even more.

I heard the front door open and then slam shut, he left. Hours had passed by and the kids had went to bed, Drayah was still over. She was my bestfriend. We met when I started nursing school. She goes there as well and we've been friends ever since.

"Lani don't even stress it, fuck him..he's lightskin. Everybody knows that darkskin men run the world." She flipped her hair and winked at me.

We both let out a laugh and I say back on the couch..Odell and I had basically divorced; verbally. Not physically but verbally? Yes.

"Come on Kehlani, I understand he was your first true love but he overreacted! Did you come in the door and almost kill him when he cheated? We all know you wanted too, but you didn't! He's a fucking asshole. He's lucky Mier wasn't here. You know that boy goes crazy when it comes down to us." Drayah shook her head.

Mier was Drayah's boyfriend, when he realized how close me and Drayah were he started calling me his sister in law. He became protective over me and the kids. After Jarvis and I had sec that one time he started stalking me...showing up at my classes and following me everywhere! He even said that he'd be a better father to my kids than Odell...it really started to freak me out when he popped up at my house while I was at work and the babysitter was watching the kids and he tried to tell her that I said she could go home and he'd watch the kids.

She's an older woman so you know she wasn't having that shit! I told Mier about it and he almost killed Jarvis. He never messed with me again.

"Girl I'm gonna head home. Call me in the morning." Drayah hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"Okay babes." I gave her a side smile.

Once I heard the front door shut, I let out a loud sigh and lightly ran my fingers across my bruised and pained neck. I went upstairs to my bathroom and took a bubble bath, once I was finished; I dried off and put on some shorts with a tank top. I made sure the doors were locked and went back upstairs to check on the kids, who were sound asleep. I went to my bedroom and got in bed.

I didn't bother to turn my tv on since It was nothing on that I wanted to watch. Nothing good ever comes on, on Mondays anyway. Soon after I had drifted off to sleep I felt the other side of the bed sink in a little bit as if somebody had laid down beside me. I opened my eyes and saw Odell about to wrap his arm around me and pull me closer.

"What do you want?" I turned my nose up.

"I love you, I'm sorry baby..I didn't mean to hurt you. I snapped and I'm sorry.." He stared into my eyes.

He kissed my lips and stared into my eyes.

"I'm sorry baby.." He said.

I nodded my head and kissed him back. Another day of forgiving him when deep down I didn't know if he deserved it or not...
------

4+ Comments
Vote
Share
*******
Happy Thanksgiving Babies!!