XXXI

-Filler Chapter-

Kehlani Rose

I sat in the livingroom with the kids and Odell, who was sitting on the other side of the couch his head resting in his palm and his eyes glued to the floor..he looked pissed. 

"Stop Pharaoh!!" Pooh yelled. "Give it back!" 

"No, I had it first." Pharaoh shrugged and turned back to her painting set.

"Raoh..Give the paint brush back. It's forty of them sitting there. Use a different one boop." I said to him.

"Here!" Pharaoh threw the brush at her.

"Dummy.." Pooh mumbled.

I was reading my book when I heard a loud ass smack noise, followed by Pooh yelling and screaming. I looked up and saw Pharaoh standing over her with a smirk. Before I could do anything, Odell jumped up, grabbed him by his arm. I had never seen Odell beat our kids before..I didn't even know Odell beat the kids. 

"Take yo' ass upstairs and don't come out until I say so!!." He yelled at Pharaoh!

I walked over to Pooh and examined her face, She had a bruise on her face as well as tears. Judging by the sound of that smack I knew she'd be in pain for awhile so I gave her some pain medicine and some ice just in case her face swelled up. She went into her room as well. I went downstairs into the livingroom and sat down next to Odell.

"IF you gon' lecture me about beating his ass then don't! I don't wanna hear it Kehlani!." He said.

"I wasn't even gonna say anything!" I replied.

"Yeah right, sure you weren't. You and that go in time out shit." He rolled his eyes. "Bullshit if you ask me. He ain't gon' learn unless you beat his ass when he needs it."

"Well I guess you never got enough ass whoopings as a child." I rolled my eyes and grabbed my book.

"What's that suppose to me Lani?" He sat up.

"Odell don't act stupid! You've choked me, slapped me, punched me, kicked me! The whole nine-hundred yards Odell!"

"That's exactly why i whooped his ass 'cause I'll be damned if I let him do the same." 

I grabbed my book and sat back down on the couch. He's been pretty moody ever since Jarvis stopped by, I don't know what he wanted but whatever it was, It really got to him.

"What did Jarvis want?" I questioned.

He sighed."He wants me to turn over all my drug business to him and let him handle it."

"What did you say?" I raised an eyebrow.

"What you think I told him? I told him no! that's what the fuck I told him!" 

"Odell! You told him no?! Do you have any idea what he's gonna do now?" I stood up.

"I don't give a rats ass what he's gonna do! He ain't stupid. Jarvis may talk a good game but he knows I will fuck him up, then show up at his funeral, spit on his coffin and piss on the muthafucka!!" He was livid and I knew it. "Jarvis can go play in traffic! You and them kids are my main priority. I got niggas that can handle Jarvis and his so-called crew." 

I shook my head and plopped down on the couch. I watched as Odell paced back in forth with a look of Anger on his face. I walked up to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. I pulled him over to the couch and he sat down with me. He laid his head on my chest and sighed.

"I just don't understand...We were like brothers..Now I'm telling him go rot hell and shit..I don't understand..Sometimes I wish i would've never got into this business. It seems like it brings never ending hell.." He said. "I lost two of my niggas to this shit..I guess Uncle Bear was right..the two main demons in this shit is Greed and Jealousy."

I kissed his forehead and rubbed his back. Odell was usually the type to keep his emotions to himself. He never expresses himself. I placed my fingers in his hair and started twisting different pieces of his hair. He looked up at me and kissed my lips.

"I'm sorry..I know I put you through hell because of this business and I'm sorry. That was never my intentions. The last thing I would want to do is get you hurt baby. I love you. I also wanna say thank you because after everything, you never left me..well except for that one time but I'm sorry about that too and I'll never do anything like that to you again. I love you." He kissed me again.

"I love you too baby." I smiled and kissed him. "I'll always be here, remember that." I kissed his forehead.

He laid his head back on my chest, my baby was stressed. He might not have shown it all the time but I knew he was. He just wanted all of this to be over and I couldn't blame him.

Jarvis POV

"I ain't doing shit for you!" Kavarha spat.

"We used to be boys! all of us..Just try to talk Odell into giving me his business." 

"Go to hell Jarvis." He said with gritted teeth. "I'm not like you and Jeremy! Odell is my brother! I'm not gonna betray him like y'all!" 

I sighed and sat down in my desk chair. "It's a low down dirty shame..Odell suppose to be your brother but yet,  you damn near broke and he ain't gave you no type of help. Me? I'm a true friend." I tossed him a duffle bag full of money. "That's a hundred thousand cash..if you help me, you'll get the other hundred thousand."

HE started at the money in a daze...He looked up at me and nodded his head.

"I'll do it." He said

A smile came across my face and I stood up. He was finally coming around.

"But...I'm not a greedy little fucker like you!" He threw the bag back at me. "Keep your money!"

He walked out the door and slammed it behind him..I guess I'll have to do all of it on my own..

This should be fun..