IX.

Odell Beckham Jr

Kids in bed? CHECK

Doors locked? CHECK

Security system on? CHECK

My black ass in bed? CHECK

I let out a sigh and fell onto my bed. I've only been at this single dad stuff for 2 weeks and I'm worn out!. We're finally settled in California now and the kids ...like it so far. They're both in school over here now, Pooh has already made plans to play on the basketball team and Join the talent show that's coming up at her school, and Pharaoh...well my little man hasn't really been a huge fan of California. He still misses New York, as well as his mother. Speaking of Kehlani, I talked to her the other day and she apologized for acting that way, she was just hurt that I was leaving. She made me take the kids because she was tired of me leaving her to raise them by herself and it became too stressful for her at times.

As I was falling asleep I heard my doorbell ring. I let out a groan and groggily got up from bed. I went downstairs and swing the front door open.

"What?!" I yelled.

"Damn nigga, what's wrong wit'chu??" Isaiah yelled.

"Damn, my bad nigga. I'm just worn out, I was going to sleep." I rubbed my eyes.

"My bad, I just came by to tell you that we got the building..it's all ready. We got the connect. We got the stuff, we got everything." He said.

"Really? Oh shit, that's wassup. Ight' I'll be over there tomorrow." I said.

"Ight bet, by the way...tell pooh that the basketball tryouts got moved to next weekend." He said.

I nodded my head and he shut the door behind him on his way out. I was tired as hell. Isaiah was one of my niggas from college, he was laid back. Kinda quiet, always stayed to himself and it nobody really fucked with him. I got a whole new crew of people behind me.

Isaiah, Reno, & Noah..and as soon as Dom gets out, he's got a job working with me. After everything that happened with Jarvis and Jeremy, I'm definitely watching out for myself now. I can't take any chances with getting played again. No time for relationships, I'm done with that for awhile. I need to focus on my kids and work. That's it.

-----

"Pharaoh, let's go!" I yelled from the foyer.

"I'm coming!" I heard him say with an attitude. "Rushin' people.."

"Pharaoh ...get yourself together little man. I'm not Kehlani, Which means that all that getting smart shit, ain't gon' fly with me..that goes for you too Pooh. Mommy is way different from daddy. I don't know what time out is, I don't know what standing in the corner is...none of that. So get it together....now."

It was hard being a single dad, Yanna's parenting ways were different from mine. She was laid back, sometimes she could be too laid back and let them get away with a lot of stuff. While I was in Jail, I did a lot of thinking about the way I was raising pooh and I was doing a terrible job so I figured I'd make some changes.

After taking the kids to school, I headed over to the new building. It was bigger than the one in New York and Louisiana. Before getting out my car, I turned my car off and let out a sigh. I bowed my head and ran my finger over my cross chain.

"Dear lord, forgive me for what I'm doing and forgive me for the sins I'm putting upon me. I promised that I would never go back to this life and I went against my word, show me forgiveness..guide me. If you can't guide me...then forgive me for being lost...I'm sorry." I prayed out loud.

Did I feel bad about going against me word? Most definitely.

..I didn't wanna do it but it seems like, I just can't shake this mentality. I know it may seem like it's not hard to get away from it but when you've been doing this since you were a teenager, it's pretty hard to do that.
--------

4+ comments
Vote
Share

Sorry about the wait! Sorry about the chapter being so short, I just got back from New York for the weekend and I wanted to give you all a quick update.