Chapter Seven- I'm Utterly Confused

Jack Johnson's P.O.V

"Sshh, babe. I'm here for you," Skate rubbed my back.

"But he... he... I'm so stupid," I sobbed into his shoulder.

"No, you're not. He is. You're amazing and if he can't see that, then he is an idiot." I blinked, and oceans of tears flew down my cheeks.

"Now, let's go," Skate said after I calmed down.

"Wait," a voice called. That voice belonged to Jack, I discovered when I looked back. Skate's arms tightened around me.

"Hell, no," Skate simply said. As I scanned Jack's face, he looks worse than I do. His eyes are red, and he looks hysterical.

"Please. I can explain-"

"Explain how you fucking left him at Taco Bell by himself! Do you know how vulnerable he is!" Skate screeched.

It's true. I'm sensitive as the next guy. Jack bit his lip and looked at me.

"I'm so sorry," He apologized. He looked so sincere, but at this moment, I can't believe a word he says anymore.

"You're not sorry. You're not sorry at all!" Skate spoke for me, which I was gratefully thankful for. "He loves you, you know that right?" I almost couldn't believe the words coming out of Skate's mouth.

"I-"

"You're awful, you know that?! You lead him on, you idiot!" Jack looked down, guilty. There was a moment of silence. I decided to say something for once.

"You made me think you cared for me. You made me think that you had feelings for me," I uttered. Jack looked up, as if he was reassuring that it was me talking. Jack started off towards me.

"No," Skate let go of me and stepped in Jack's path.

"Fine," Jack laid off. "But Jack I'm so sorry, I really am. I hope you'll be able to talk to me again. I hope you'll forgive me."

"I have to talk to you," I furrowed my eyebrows together. "After all, we're partners." He bit his lip, tears flowing. At this moment, I don't care if he's crying. He needs to feel the pain that I have been enduring. "But I don't know about forgiving you. That's a whole 'nother story, another subject." I finished. I didn't feel like talking to him anymore.

"Let's go," Skate snaked his hand in mine. He led the way, walking out.

"I love you, Jack," I was so startled at those words, that I looked back. Skate yanked me out of the doorway before I could get a good look at Jack's face. Skate didn't bother to close the door on the way out.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that," Skate apologizes after we get into his car. "He doesn't deserve you. He doesn't deserve you as a lover, or even a friend. He doesn't even deserve your presence." I looked out the window, Skate now driving the path towards his house. "Hey," He grabs my hand. I looked at him.

"Yeah?"

"You've got me. I'm here for you," He told me. I nodded.

"Good," I said.

"Hey, maybe instead of Jack and Jack, it could be Jack and Skate," He joked. I smiled, a real smile.