Chapter Sixteen- Uh Oh

Jack Johnson's P.O.V.

"Hey, JJ. Hey Jack," Skate flashed a smile.

"Hey," I beamed.

"Hey," Jack replied, taking his phone out playing on it.

"What a nice thing to come across. Something was telling me to go to McDonald's," Skate laughed softly and winked at me. I blushed.

"It's nice to see you," I said honestly.

"Aww, you missed me?" He teased.

"Yeah," I said. "A lot actually," I added. Jack looked up with an annoyed glare, and shook his head driving his attention back to his phone. That's what he made it look like though. 

"Order number 435!" I raised my eyebrows slightly. I poked at Jack.

"Can you get our food?" I asked. He didn't say anything back. He just kept "playing with his phone" purposely ignoring me. I sighed and got up. "Fine, don't talk to me." Skate followed after me to get our food. Fortunately, they called out his order, too, and he got his food. I sat the tray down on the table once I was back where Jack was. I got my burritos, sauce, and cup. "Since you want to be a dick, I'm not going to eat with you." Jack looked up at me.

"I'm so-" 

"I don't want to hear it," I turned on my heal, and stepped closer to Skate.

"Where do you want to sit?" He asked.

"As far as possible away from Gilinsky."

"Good job by the way. You handled that well," He smiled at me.

"Thanks," I replied. Skate went to the other side of the building and sat down. I sighed in content. "He is really stressing me out."

"You should move out then. You know, with me," Skate said unwrapping his sausage and egg biscuit. He also had coffee. I unwrapped one of my burritos, put my sauce on it, and took a bite. After swallowing , I spoke up.

"No, I can't do that, because then the fans would be worried. Then, I'll be stressed out even more. People will think Jack and Jack will be over, and frankly, I don't want it to be over."

"I understand," He took a sip of his coffee. I sighed loudly.

"I forgot to get my sweet tea," I called out, noticing the empty cup. "Jack distracted me so much. I'll be back."

"No!" He stopped me, placing his hand on mine. "I got it." He took the cup out of my hand and smiled.

"Are you sure? It's mine I can go get it on my o-"

"It's fine," Skate made his way up. I couldn't argue back now. He was already up and ready to go.

"Thank you so much," I said and sat down. Even though we were on the other side sitting, I could still see Jack. He made eye contact with me. His eyes were sharp, cutting into mine. He took a huge bite of his food, showing his aggressiveness. I rolled my eyes. He smiled a bit at me. I couldn't help but smile back at him. What was I doing?

"What are you smiling at?" Skate asked, sitting down my seat and sat back down.

"Oh. I was thinking about the date we had last night and how amazing it was," I lied. I brushed off what had just happened, not wanting to think about it anymore.

"It was amazing wasn't it?" He blushed. I nodded.

"I want to do it again."

"We can totally do that again," He said.

"When you get back," I pouted. "When you leave tomorrow, I'm going to be so lonely."

"You'll have Jack," He joked.