Chapter Twenty-Four- So Are You

Jack Johnson's P.O.V.

I quickly pulled my hands away from the water and dried them clumsily. Jack's chuckle followed after. "You got it bad," He said shaking his head, looking at me. I sighed sharply.

"That's what I'm talking about," I waved my hands in frustration. I'm getting so sick of him messing with me and messing with my head.

"What is it, Jack?" He asked innocently.

"Please," I asked desperately. "Stop."

"Stop what?"

"You know what!" I yelled abruptly. Jack jumped to my surprise and his eyes widen. My breathing began to speed up, getting heavier and deeper. I backed up and Jack took steps closer to me. My bottom lip quivered. I shook my head and continued to step back. I hit a wall. I turned around to clamp my hand on the door knob, but it wasn't there. I then came to realize that I wasn't on the right side. The exit to the bathroom was across the other side. I looked down for a second, regaining my cool. When I got myself together, I started my way to the door. I was snapped back to the wall by a pair of strong hands. Jack's hands.

"Hey," Jack spoke to me in a soft voice. I looked up at him, sightly annoyed, but more heartbroken. I didn't understand why, but I was torn. I lifted my eyebrows as if to respond with a, "What." Jack looked at me for a little longer. "I'm sorry," He said. "What's wrong?" He asked. I shook my head.

"You wouldn't get it. You wouldn't understand," I answered honestly.

"No, tell me."

"I... I can't," I teared up. I tried not to cry. I really did. I just couldn't help it. I started shaking with cries and sobs. The only noise in the bathroom being made was my cries echoing throughout. Jack stroked my cheek lightly, in a way of comforting me, not caring how much tears stained his thumb and hand. I crashed into Jack's embrace. He wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back. I cried into his shoulder, dampening his shirt. I heard footsteps. I opened my eyes. A young boy our age entered. He scanned us and eventually made eye contact with me. He didn't know what was going on exactly, but he flashed an apologetic smile and excused himself to use the bathroom.

"Let's get out of here and find somewhere to talk, yeah?" Jack whispered in my ear. I nodded, and he grabbed my hand lazily after pulling away. He walked in front, and stopped in front of the sinks. He let go of my hand and grabbed some napkins. I looked at him cocking my eyebrow. "I don't want you going out there looking a hot mess," He said and wiped my face. He wet another napkin and wiped my face.

"I'm not a baby," I mumbled.

"I know you're not a baby," He said. "You're my baby," He mumbled the last part only to where I could here. I was about to protest, but I didn't have the energy to. Plus, the boy came back out to the sinks to wash his hands. I expected him to judge us, but he smiles respectfully and washed his hands. After a few moments of silence, I looked up at Jack getting impatient.

"I hope you guys work out," the boy said. Both of our heads snapped towards the boy's direction. "Whatever that's going on, I hope it works out."

"I don't-" I started.

"I do, too," Jack interrupted me.

"You guys have a connection and chemistry that I wish I had with my boyfriend," He looked down at the sinks after drying his hands. "We're not in a good position right now." I looked at Jack as he looked at the boy with admiration and now a hint of the apologetic emotion the boy gave me earlier. "Sorry if this weird that I'm randomly speaking to you."

"It's fine," Jack said. I nodded in agreement. "I don't know if you know of us, but we have people talking to us all of the time."

"Oh, I know you guys. I know you guys well," He said and looked at me, but pointed at Jack. "Don't give up on him just yet. He's a keeper for you. He'll treat you right. It may not look like it now, but he will." Jack rubbed my waist in response. I didn't even know he had his arm around my waist. "I don't know about that Skate kid. He throws me off somehow." Jack nodded his head. I furrowed my eyebrows. "He seems like the two timer kind. You know, the one who has a side and makes up a lie to cover up and claim that they mean nothing." My mind flashed back to the time Skate's phone flashed from a call and the word, "Babe," appeared. He said it was his ex and nothing more.