Chapter 37: A New Apprentice

Seventeen waited patiently for Mingming and Suho to get out of the training room.

"Omo..... what if he's forcing Mingming to do push-ups, and jump a bunch of hurdles?! Aack! I'm worried sick!" Jun said as he fanned himself with his hands.

"You mean the exact same stuff we had to do when we had to become apprentices? Oh man, Mingming doesn't deserve that..." Vernon said.

Meanwhile, inside the training room, Suho was making Mingming sit down.

"Ok, since we started off really badly, let me introduce myself."

"...."

"My name is Kim Joonmyeon, but, now my name is Suho, do you want to know why?"

"Ummm.... Well, I-"

"Oh it is very complicated! The reason, I mean."

"But I didn't want to kno-"

"Ssshhhh child. Let me do the talking."

"...."

All this just made Mingming think 'Do my friends associate with a bunch of people from mental hospitals?'

"As I said, it is very complicated. But you seem like you could understand."

"Yeah..."

"Ok, I'll explain now. Your friends, Seventeen, they are currently me and my colleagues' apprentices."

"Yup."

"We are training them to become what you call 'guardians'."

"Guardians?"

'No way.... all those myths about guardians are true?' Mingming thought.

"Yes, guardians. You know, Kris Frost, Kyungsoo Claus, Luhan the Flower Boy, you get the jizz."

"Wait.... so you're all real?"

"Yup! And I can tell you really believed in us."

"I did, but.... I didn't expect you guys to REALLY be real!"

"Yeah, well we are. Anyway, can I continue my explanation?"

"Go ahead."

"Ok! So, one day, we will, sorta, 'retire'. Like, not that we'll become old and get tired of working, but more like our myths become old, and people get tired of us. Which is when Seventeen will take over. But we'll still be here, watching, over Seventeen. Until Seventeen 'retires' as well."

Mingming nodded. Everything sorta made sense.

"But the thing is, do you want to know why they're called Seventeen?"

Mingming looked up at Suho.

"Why? ... are they called Seventeen?"

Suho smiled at Mingming.

"One day, Ryeowook hyung instructed us to find our apprentices. We got excited because it was our first time having apprentices. So we seeked out the town of Shidae Kingdom. And there, we saw 17 boys hanging out."

"....."

"Nothing to say? Ok. So, as I said, we saw 17 boys hanging out. And we felt that they all had potential."

"They all did?"

"Mm hm... and, speaking of which, how long have you been friends with Seventeen?"

"... since we were kids."

"And were you one of those 17 boys?"

"... I guess."

Suho smiled.

"I guess that's why. I always felt like Seventeen was missing a few people."

Mingming creased his eyebrows together, still confused.

"What do you mean?"

Suho placed a hand on Mingming's shoulder.

"Congratulations on becoming an apprentice, kid."

"WHAT?!?!?!?"

----

Jessica peeked inside the castle.

"Is anyone there?" Kris asked Jessica. Jessica turned to look at Kris. "Seems that the girl is awake. She's just looking in my fridge." said Jessica.

Yoona digged through Jessica's fridge.

"What is this? Why is there only ice cream in here? It's currently winter! I'm gonna freeze to death if I eat this!" Yoona ranted to herself as she kept digging through. But despite all her effort, all that was in the fridge, was ice cream. Yoona scratched her head in annoyance.

"Aish! Why is there only ice cream in this fridge?! So annoying." she said. Then her stomach started to rumble. Yoona cursed a little to herself.

"Need something else other than ice cream?" a random voice behind Yoona asked.

"Yes, as a matter of fact I-" Yoona turned around and gasped. The man in front of her raised his eyebrows.

"What's wrong?"

Yoona fell down on her butt.

"Y-y-y-you are K-Kris Frost!" she exclaimed. "Well yeah I am." Kris Frost said. "Omo! Omo omo omo omo omo." Yoona said as she struggled to get up.

"YAH! I've known you since I was young! I-I'm a big fan of yours!"

"Oh, really?"

"Y-yes! And I- I really didn't- I really didn't know, that I- I would meet you one day!"

Kris chuckled. Yoona nearly fainted on the spot.

"Sica, Sica! I think this girl is gonna hyperventilate, take her to her room." Kris shouted.

Yoona laughed awkwardly. "No no no no, I am not going to hyperventilate! I promise. Look, look at me now! I am totally fine it's not like I'm going to faint or anything..." Yoona said nervously.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah I- I'm more sure than you are!"

Kris looked at Yoona suspiciously.

"Aha.... I'm gonna go now." said Yoona as she instantly ran back to the room she was originally in.

"Strange girl, right?" Kris said to Jessica. Jessica nodded. But for some reason, she had an uneasy feeling about that Yoona girl.

❤️ ~~ ❤️

anddd that's it! whoo!

anyway I gotta eat dinner now so if you guys need me- i'll be in a dvd store, re-thinking my life. (kekekeke people who have read the krissica side story on my book background love will get it XD)