Chapter eighteen

A few years later.

Today was the day when I'd do the thing I'd wanted to for ages. Lizzie is 25, and I'm 23. Lucca is a happy five year old and him and Kayla act like brother and sister. Dad and Danielle are already engaged and planning their wedding. Melissa hasn't been seen since that day. A lot happens in three years.

We were all going out to a restaurant today. It was Lizzie's birthday last week but we was working so we couldn't arrange anything until this week.

She's now working as a bar maid at a pub in our local town, and I was still working as a technician at the secondary school.

I woke up to Lucca jumping on me. "Daddy. Lizzie. Wake up"

I laughed. "Shh, don't wake Lizzie up"

I picked him up and carried him out the room. Lizzie had given him the choice of him calling her Lizzie or mum. He already knew who his mum was after that day but he didn't want to see her. I wouldn't let him anyway, even if she didn't have a restraining order and out of prison.

I made pancakes for breakfast and left him to eat them, while I took a cup of coffee into the bedroom and woke Lizzie.

"Morning, Tris" she smiled, sleepily. It was very rarely we called each other 'pet names'. You know like baby or something like that. She didn't like them, and after Melissa, I didn't either.

"Morning, Liz" I gave her the coffee after she'd sat up.

"Where's Lucca?"

"Eating pancakes"

"I hope you've saved me some"

I laughed. She was so much like a child, even though she was the oldest. "Yes, there is some pancake mix left"

She smiled, drank her coffee then we went into the kitchen, to find Lucca covered in nutella and pancake.

I laughed. "You're so messy"

"Ew" he moaned.

"Lets get you cleaned up" Lizzie laughed, helping him from the chair and taking him into the bathroom to clean him.

I quickly cleaned the mess he'd made on the table, chair and floor then made pancakes for Lizzie.