Chapter five

Guys! I'm back now. I have WiFi again. Thank you:-)

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of someone being sick. Melissa wasn't at the side of me so I figured it was her. Morning sickness.

I walked into the bathroom and gently pulled her hair back. I know she was upset about this but I also knew she was excited to know she was going to be a mum.

"Sorry" she whispered.

"What for?" I asked.

"Waking you"

I smiled. "You idiot. You didn't wake me"

She smiled and hugged me. I kissed her forehead.

"Feel better?"

She nodded and quickly brushed her teeth.

I followed her back into the bedroom and sat on the bed, while she changed, ready for college.

"Why are you watching me?" She asked.

"Well.." I laughed.

"Shut up" she giggled, throwing a pillow at me.

I laughed and caught it.

We went downstairs and soon Joan was taking her to college. Melissa had tried to reassure her mum that she would be fine to take the bus, but Joan was determined to not let her go on the bus.

Her parents were so over protective of her. I wish my dad had been of me.

"What's up, kiddo?" Luke asked, snapping me out of my day dream.

"Uh.. Nothing"

"Thinking of your dad?"

How did he know? I nodded.

"I know what it's like. My father was lousy too, he didn't really give a shit about me. My mother left me alone with him because he was abusing her. She was either too scared of him to take me, or she couldn't cope with me on her own"

What he said stunned me. I'd never known that he'd been through the same ordeal as I was going through.

"I wish I'd met my mother" I sighed.

"I know you do" he patted my shoulder.

"I'm going to take a walk"

Luke nodded. "Be careful"

"I will" I quickly put on my shoes and left.

I walked to a place that not many would go to. It was just like a long forgotten land. A quarry, I suppose. It was usually desolate, and not many knew about it. They was a small pond where a lone swan swam. I always wondered why it hadn't flown away. It could, couldn't it? Maybe it liked being alone.

I had brought Melissa here when we were 14. We'd known each other for around a year by then. She loved it. The quiet and the scenery.

The way she looked then. It was all so cute. She seemed so in awe with the area, but now, now she's different. When she was younger she was so happy and content but now she'd become a little withdrawn from the world. It saddened me, but I didn't want to pry. It also scared me, will she be able to look after a baby when she was like this?

I shook my head and started to walk around the lake. I would stay happy for my gorgeous women. I'd support her no matter what.